• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

GRAIL Grail pin regret

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRAIL Grail pin regret

reeneibakini

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
So before I took a little hiatus from pin trading I thought my grails were expensive at $50-$80 bucks. After coming back I have noticed that pin traders have increased dramatically and now my grails are a couple hundred bucks and so much more wanted! Now I am kicking myself in the butt for not buying them a couple years ago!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I understand completely... When I started pin trading a little less than 2 years ago, the pins on my most wanted list were all under $100, most under $75 and some even less. However, I had just started and thought WHAT!?!?!? No way am I paying that for a pin... Now I facepalm every time i see them on the bay :lol:

I don't usually regret the grails I bought, but I do often regret the grails I waited on and didn't buy...

Our pin pain brings us together. I know how you feel. I wish there were some pins I had purchased years ago. Now, I just hope to find them at all!

First thing I would do with a time machine....go back and buy my grails!!!! :p back then I thought pin trading would for down and they'd get cheaper....boy was I extremely mistaken on that one! Lol

I totally understand.

I saw a grail of mine go for $50 and hadn't bid enough. It was the first time I saw it for sale in 2 years and I haven't seen it since!

And another grail--which I will never get because I am not spending over $500 for a pin. I just can't, you know?

I think we all have that regret! :lol: Back when I thought, "$70 for a PIN, NO WAY!" I could have purchased Jessica in Brazil for right around that $70 price...I would jump for joy to pay $70 for it now!

After I read your post, I went and looked on "that place" for my grail and it was there, for $45 LESS than I've ever seen it before!!!! It's the most I've paid for a pin ($58) but I just started a 2nd job and decided to reward myself. So, I thank you for posting but I'm sorry you have Pin-Regret.

I was at Epcot when a few PODMs were released. I looked through all of the scenes, almost bought one or two SO many times but I thought $25 for a PIN? NO WAY... now those same scenes I have seen go for up to $350 :-/

I'm actually kicking myself in the butt for not picking up trading again a bit earlier. So many grails of mine were released on the UK Disney Store and I would've bough them for retail. :D

You were right the first time: $50-$80 is a ridiculous amount to pay for an inch-long piece of painted metal. It's just gotten more​ ridiculous over time. Don't feel bad about that!

I think I've chased my want list out of my own price range - a lot of Tron and Stitch DAs - so now I'm pretty much confined to trading. I feel your pain. Add to the problem that practically any pin out there could possibly be fake, which means you might be dropping a bunch of cash for no return.

You were right the first time: $50-$80 is a ridiculous amount to pay for an inch-long piece of painted metal. It's just gotten more​ ridiculous over time. Don't feel bad about that!

It is such an irrational thing to spend money on and I feel like a fish chasing after sparkly things but they are just so pretty :p

When I had about 50 marquee's left to go, the top dogs were Up, Tangled, Walle, & Enchanted. The 4 sold around that time for $300, $150, $150, and $200. Now you could probably only buy Walle for all those combined. I am 25 away from completion but the prices are so stupid it's not worth it to me anymore. I still debate, sell ones I have or just keep going. I tell myself to keep going so I have an excuse to go to DSF but if I stopped marquee's I would only have to go to DSF for a handful of releases, WiR, Tink, and Princesses. And of course PTD's which I am complete in. Still need Oogie though...gotta get on that.

As a new 'collector' I can say that the cost of pins easily can become a deterrent. I actually began collecting in 2003 but didn't realize how big the 'hobby' had gotten until this last fall. I sure wish that I knew then what I know now. And, I wish that I knew how to entice more people to want to trade rather than just sell/buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back