• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Greeting Just Joined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greeting Just Joined

PBK

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

New to pin trading/collecting just started a month or so ago. Any tips for the new guy are appreciated.

-PBK

Welcome! Best tip I can give: give a lot of thought to what you want to collect before you get in too deep. Having a focus will keep you from going crazy from all the possibilities and from spending too much money.

Decide what you want to trade before you start. Like certain sets or a character. Read up about how to spot fakes, and don't buy off eBay! Most are worthless when you buy a "lot" of pins.

Happy trading, its addictive!
Joleen

Welcome! Best tip I can give: give a lot of thought to what you want to collect before you get in too deep. Having a focus will keep you from going crazy from all the possibilities and from spending too much money.

Best advice ever! You may want to choose one movie or one character to focus on. If if you like certain styles of pins narrow it down by pin sets. So with that being said what do you collect?

Oh and welcome to the dpf community!

Welcome! Check out the Disney Pin Blog and Pinpics (if you have not done these yet.) I have found the Disney Pin Blog to have the most current information.

Welcome welcome! Come on in and enjoy. c:

Some advice: Always pay g/s if buying from another person, always check Ebay ratings (If more than two people say they are selling scrappers/fakes, then they probably are!), but have FUN. Pick and choose what you want to collect the most and jump in!

Welcome. I would say try to learn all you can about the different kind of pins. Real pins, fake pins, fantasy pins. So many pins it's hard to know what to do. But you can learn a lot here and many people will help you. Be careful and take your time. Also do this for fun, let the Disney magic happen. You can not force it or you just get let down. Good luck to you.

WWWDD

Welcome to our group! My advice is like the others. Decide what you want to collect and work toward that end. Traders are fun but make sure collectors want those specific pins. Keep your eyes open those pins you want could show up anywhere. And my last bit of advice is find a big bag of money. :lol: Enjoy your journey.

Thanks for the warm reception and advice. Still looking for that bag of money. And still haven't focused on a specific character, style, or movie.

I don't have any advice that hasn't already been offered... but welcome to the forum!

I can tell by your picture that you're an Up fan. :) What are your other favorite Disney movies/characters?

What sorts of pins have you started collecting so far - and why?

WELCOME to the dpf family.

I too agree with SiuJerkJai's suggestion. Stick to one or two collections, if you can.

Happy Pin Collecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back