• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Guess whos back....back AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess whos back....back AGAIN!

NChouser

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Hey everyone!!! It has been a REALLLLLLLY long time since I have been back on here.

I got back into pin trading a few years ago but left due to the rising cost + welcoming our beautiful daughter into the world.

Well now I caught the bug again BUT I am going to focus on my 2 favorite Disney movies. They both hold a special place in my heart.

We also caught the Disney bug and joined the Disney Vacation Club in June!! I just can not stay away!

She is TWO! We hope to get back to Disney (just went in January) next October and now that we are DVC members we are hoping to stay at AK or Bay Lake Tower

I am SLOWLY but SURELY back to stay! I will be focusing on those 2 movies first.

My daughter (Whitley Hope) will be 3 when we go again so I think I would like to grab her a few small princess pins (Ariel is her fav) but we will see how that goes.

I look forward to catching up with old friends and making new ones!

Happy Sunday!

Here we are out and about at a local wildlife safari (its neat but makes me miss the Kilimanjaro Safari at AK!!

http://imgur.com/lMHILca

She is TWO! We hope to get back to Disney (just went in January) next October and now that we are DVC members we are hoping to stay at AK or Bay Lake Tower

I am SLOWLY but SURELY back to stay! I will be focusing on those 2 movies first.

My daughter (Whitley Hope) will be 3 when we go again so I think I would like to grab her a few small princess pins (Ariel is her fav) but we will see how that goes.

I look forward to catching up with old friends and making new ones!

Happy Sunday!

Here we are out and about at a local wildlife safari (its neat but makes me miss the Kilimanjaro Safari at AK!!

http://imgur.com/lMHILca

WOW, where do you own?

We had a choice of Poly (50 years deeded) or Animal Kingdom (41 years deeded)

We decided to stick with POLY because of the 9 extra years and switch to AK only saved us 800 dollars total on the final price

The one surprise we had was that its not 50 years from the time you buy for any resort. It is based on how old the resort is. Since Poly just went through major renovations Disney considers the clock reset this year and 50 years (also the max) is how long we have it.

Animal Kingdom went over renovations 9 years ago so its 41 years if we would have chosen that one.

I believe the Boardwalk was the cheapest as far as buying into it as your deeded property BUT it was only 29 years as of 2016.

The 2 biggest things you need to consider when choosing a home resort are 1. Cost for initial buy in and 2. Booking windows.

Booking windows are 11 months for home resorts and 7 months everywhere else.

When we did our research and talked with other members (some in our area here in Hershey, PA) we found that Animal Kingdom Lodge, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk and Saritoga Springs were the easiest to book. So having one of those as your home resort is a bit pointless UNLESS you can get into them for the full 50 years.

I feel this way we have POLY as a safe guard and can book at the other ones we want hopefully without issue.

I know alot of people hate POLY because of the inital cost (one of the higher ones) and there are only 2 room choices... one of which is way out of reach ( The bungalows are like 120 points a night or something like that.

Dues at POLY are reasonable though with the amount of points we have.

Sorry for the wall of information especially since it seems like you know all of this already! haha

Don't forget the 3rd consideration: buy where you want to stay.

I've heard that SSR is the easiest to get into, followed by OKW.

Of the others, BLT, BWV, and AKV-Kidani, AKV-Kidani is easier to get into because most people prefer AKV-Jambo. All will depend on when you want to stay and the flexibility you have (studios with the lowest points cost go first, which means that usually 2BR lock-offs are no longer available) so if you are ok with staying in a 1BR at 2x the cost of studios, you should be ok.

If you find yourself wanting to book at one of the other resorts in the 11 month booking window, you should look into a transfer of points.

Great resources for DVC are:
MouseOwners
DISBoards (there's a DVC section).

I'm on both, lol. I did a lot of research before renting from several owners for stays at VGC (California), BLT, AKV, and BCV. :)

Welcome back!! We own at BLT and Poly and LOVE them both!! We head back t Poly next month...YAY! Poly has an awesome kiddy pool area, so your daughter should really enjoy that.

Aloha,
Debbie

Welcome back and Congratulations on the addition to your family and becoming a DVC member. Hope to see you around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back