• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

swiftjennifer

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I'm new to this form and always looking for new Disney friends. Here's a bit about me.. and then I can tell you about what I like to collect!

I have loved Disney ever since.. well before I was even born I suppose. My first time at Disneyland was while my mom was pregnant with me (shh it totally counts!). I recently found video footage of my first time there (outside the womb I guess) in the late 80's. From there on out.. it was love. Throughout my childhood you could find me in a Disney shirt (still can on most days) with a Disney birthday cake and piñata.

I still go to Disneyland at least once a month (I absolutely love my AP). I can leave happy as long as I can get on just one ride.. the most important one of all: the Haunted Mansion. I used to be scared of it when I was little.. but then one day I just.. fell in love with it. I also love the Jungle Cruise (and Jingle Cruise even more). Some times I will get on Pirates but lately I get soaked.. or my feet do at least. I love hopping the train.. can't wait til it re opens. I love the Monorail.. always have. We share the same birthday! Will occasionally get on Autopia (it's not Auto-topia like some people refer to it :p) or take it easy on the Mark Twain Riverboat.

I enjoy the Magical Map show quite a lot and will catch it if I can. Of course I also love the fireworks but am usually too wiped out to stay long enough.

I also enjoy DCA quite a bit.. I'm not much of a ride person generally so I find plenty of other things to do! My earliest memory from there would probably have to be when they used to have the soap opera days. My mom and I both watch General Hospital (and also Port Charles back then) and went to line up and try to meet some or at least snap pictures. If i have an empty stomach and a FP I will go on Soarin' , Little Mermaid if the line is short enough.. and that's about it. I love walking and shopping.. eating.. people watching. So fun to watch the roller coaster take off. I like to find new things to do and change things up once in a while.

I love collecting Disney items. I tend to go through different phases.. match books, postcards, pokitpals, club 33 stuff.. you name it! I LOVE shirts. I have a dresser full of them.. it's a problem lol. Always looking forward to another opportunity to visit Mickey's of Glendale for imagineer gear.. (currently trying to find a way back in for specific jingle cruise stuff.. or until d23 has another event). I'm always looking for Haunted Mansion goodies.. vintage things, jingle cruise. I don't have an insane pin collection but if I see one I like, I'll buy it. I mostly buy to keep.. I've only traded a couple times.

Aside from being an AP member I also have a gold d23 membership and have been to 2 expos. They are insane and overwhelming.. so I'm going all 3 days next year :) If there are any questions I can answer, I'll try my best! I always like giving advice and tips to fellow Disney fans.. so much so that people think I work there.. and yes I've been asked on a couple occasions where the nearest restroom is haha! Looking forward to making new friends- cheers!

Welcome! :D It's always wonderful to see a new face, so it's nice to meet you! ^_^ Who's your favorite character? :3

f4ba1c2cecaf189d0e0e02bfaef6e727.gif

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back