• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello = ) New here and semi-new to pin trading!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello = ) New here and semi-new to pin trading!

brookegreene22

It all started with a mouse
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Hello!
Started pin trading with my three year old son, last year when he was 2. Had a great time, we brought my two year old daughter on board this year! I have now joined the fun as well, letting them trade for what they want and myself, collecting groups of them. It's confusing at times and I could really use some help = (

My family and I go to Disney every year, as a family tradition. Growing up it was always special and even more so now that I have my own children to share experiences with. I'm sure everyone will agree, that Disney is where some of the best memories are made!

Hey! Welcome to you all! Glad you could join our growing family! You'll have a blast, everyone is so friendly so any questions just ask away! Good luck with your collecting!

Welcome to DPF!! I'm sure you'll find your niche here and make lots of friends! Disney is the BEST, isn't it (I don't think anyone here will argue that point!). I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell you how to put your wants and trades right in your posts (I love that part about this forum!). Anyway, WELCOME!!!!!

Thank you all! I posted another thread in the discussion forum. I'm sort of very new to all of this pintrading! As far as wants and trades..whew...I couldn't even tell you, to be honest. I have kept several that I've been told are part of sets, but my problem is knowing what goes with what! I have a princess pirate pin that says 3 out 4 on the back, but have no idea what the other 3 look like that should be collected! Make sense?

Hi Brooke
Do you have a Pinpics ID?If so you can add your wants.trades and collection here

<~~~~under your ID
Just go to your setting in your profile

NOW about your pin,whatelse does it say on the back of it?

Tiggermickey,
I don't believe I have pinpics ID. I will get one as soon as I can!

As for the back..the Pirate Princess one says Hidden Mickey Pin 7 of 7 Then below that says official pintrading 2007 I have several like that for another set, which I think I've gotten all but one. I also have seen the princesses in several positions. I have Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella standing up and a Belle sitting and reading a book...however nothing on the back saying 1 out of ?. I don't know if those are together or not?! See how confused? lol

OK your pin is number:
Pin 51736: DLR - 2007 Hidden Mickey Lanyard - Pirate Collection (Pirate Princess)
pin51736

Pins Include: 51731-51733, 51735-51738

Those numbers go with it

You can go to www.pinpics.com

Type in those descriptions and you might pull it up
as for the other pin you need in the Princess Pirate Set

Plmk as I might have an extra one

Judy

Yes! That's it! Now how did you figure that out, just based on the details I gave you...which to me weren't very much!

Thats why I ask what was on the back of it
Did you need anythingelse from that set at all?I could look to see if I have it
My pinpics ID and trades are under my ID

and if you ever wanna trade..I trade with"NEWBIES"all the time
Even if its just a mystery trade..that way you know how it feels to get a pkg from me in the mail:)

That is funny! I'm trying to find the rest of the ones I have on the pinpics search to compile a list of needs. I do have one that I got off a castmember last year, but cannot find it in the search. Can that mean it's fake?

Okay...the castmember said it was from Disneyland HongKong it's round and is a compass with chinese or japenese symbols. On the back it says authentic official pintrading 2009

and yes, Judy has been so helpful so far! We are going in a few weeks and I'm getting my plan in order!

That is funny! I'm trying to find the rest of the ones I have on the pinpics search to compile a list of needs. I do have one that I got off a castmember last year, but cannot find it in the search. Can that mean it's fake?

Okay...the castmember said it was from Disneyland HongKong it's round and is a compass with chinese or japenese symbols. On the back it says authentic official pintrading 2009

First, let me say 'Aloha and Welcome!' :wavey:

You definitely are in good hands with Judy ... she really is amazing. But to jump in with my $.02 regarding this pin ... . I did a few searches on Pin Pics and came up unable to find anything that I think could be the pin you are describing. I found a few possibilities, but all of them have a character on them. As far as I can tell, that leaves a few possibilities:

1. The pin has yet to be added to the Pin Pics database (it's extensive, but by no means exhaustive of all the pins in existence).

2. The pin is a fake. I don't want to jump on this possibility, but the one thing that has me raising my eyebrow is the 'authentic official pintrading 2009' backstamp you mentioned on the pin. I am not familiar with pins from Hong Kong and I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I can't remember ever seeing a pin with a backstamp like that. It's possible that Hong Kong's backstamps are different ... but it's also possible that this pin is fake.

Sorry I can't come out and say your pin is __________ . I hope Judy (or someone else) will have a more definitive answer for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back