• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello!

Hello!

Angelus66

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a long time Donald Duck pin collector. I mostly like to go to the parks and see what I can trade for, rather than out right purchase. Makes it more fun. Donald Duck is my favorite Disney character.

In 2015 I purchased a statue of Donald Duck frozen in carbonite, a spoof on the scene with Han Solo from Empire Strikes back.

Little did I know, hidden in the base of the statue was an official Disney pin of Donald Duck frozen in carbonite.

I joined this group to learn a little but more about pins, so that I can get a better understanding of it's worth. It has a manufacturer defect, making it one of a kind.

I live in the Dallas area and I grew up going to Disney World.

Hi and Welcome! I was wondering the same thing as @firechief18 do you collect Star Wars as well, or just Donald Duck?

Could you possibly post a picture of your statue, please? I thiiiink that it might be from one of WDW's Star Wars Weekends, but it's hard to be sure without seeing it. The year you purchased the statue lines up with SWW, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything; merchandise from these events constantly was resold (I don't think I need to tell you that SW collectors are crazy) and the reselling likely continues to this day.

Hi and Welcome! I was wondering the same thing as @firechief18 do you collect Star Wars as well, or just Donald Duck?

Could you possibly post a picture of your statue, please? I thiiiink that it might be from one of WDW's Star Wars Weekends, but it's hard to be sure without seeing it. The year you purchased the statue lines up with SWW, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything; merchandise from these events constantly was resold (I don't think I need to tell you that SW collectors are crazy) and the reselling likely continues to this day.
assuming it's this one? "Donald Duck in Carbonite" yielded this result

1711516472572.png

PP 121968: PinPics | Free Disney Pin Trading Database — LE 1977 -- assuming the edition size correlates to the release year of Star Wars (ANH)

"Pin was included with the purchase of a "Big Fig" of the same character and pose and limited to 1,977 pieces."

• Most resales of the statue/fig don't seem to include the pin, so a majority have probably been separated from the statue.
  • eBay sold listings for a Statue + Pin set seem to have sold anywhere between $280 - 400

1711516514801.png

there's also Pin & Pop 12064: 12064 - Donald Duck as Han Solo in Carbonite - Disney Characters as Star Wars — but this is an OE pin from 2010

1711517017942.png
1711517039455.png

Last edited:
Welcome!

The Donald in carbonite is fun... Might have to chase that one as I collect cross over Star Wars pins.

Back