• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Help i think i have been stolen from UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help i think i have been stolen from UPDATE

lopeldred

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I need a little help. I made a trade through pinpics and sent 2 o f my pins that were of higher value for 1 pin tha i really wanted because he said it was for his kids. I waited a month for my pin because sometimes the post office is slow and nothing so I wrote the trader to make sure they had received the pins i had sent which they did and to see if the pin they sent got returned.theu stated it hadnt so i asked them to return the pins i sent in the trade to me and if for some reason the pin they sent showed up i would resend them the pins. they refused and told me to find something in their traders. of course there was nothing remotely fair in their traders. WHAT DO I DO? i saved all the emails including the one that stated they received the pins. i wouldnt care if the pins i sent werent great pins.

update the individual was banned from pinpics.however the story doesnt end he then threatened me with physical violence and legal litigation in the same response????? does he not realize a) it could be used against him not to mention the fact that pinpics rules clearly states he is in the wrong and b) i am not a little child and can handle myself just fine being 6'2" 240 lbs.?? what a joke :drool: i am just glad a bad trader was removed from our ohana

Last edited:
Oh wow..Did you email the Pinpics mods,I do not know for sure if they still handle the situation of not getting pins to the other traders(complaints)can you email me all the info maybe I can help here
I would love to be a middle man for getting trades through...I wish I could,just email me..maybe I can help ya..send their addy as well

Judy(email is posted)

Last edited:
Pinpics has made it clear due to legal issues that they can not get involved in these issues (from my understanding and reading their policies)
I look at this from both ends, yes they owe you the pin they claim to have sent but at least they are willing to work with you.

Lets say in good faith they did send it and it got lost but they received the pin you sent. Now they feel like it's theirs and they dont want to have to send it back. They have offered you to look at their traders but there is nothing you like.

Are there pins you can take as traders and maybe since you are not getting the pin you wanted, they can give you an extra or 2 since they want to keep the pin you sent?

What if they gave you 3 pins? It never hurts t ask. Hopefully if you tell it like it is and that they got the pin they wanted and you got squat, that giving you an extra pin or 2 to keep what they have is not a bad deal.

In good faith, they are not ignoring you and trying to give you an option to replace it.

I wish you the best of luck.

Good luck in getting resolved. Maybe if there are no traders you are interested in, and the trader does not want to send back your pins, maybe they would pay a fair price for those pins, so you are not out everything?

Did you send the pins with delivery confirmation? Did you ask them if they had done the same thing or even if they have and can send you a scan or copy of the post office receipt for the postage that would contain the zip code that the package was sent to? If they have some (almost) proof that they had sent you something, then it's my opinion that you are out of luck in have your pins returned to you as they completed the transaction in good faith and something beyond either of you or their control resulted in the pin you want to be misdelieverd, lost or maybe even stolen during transit.

Last edited:
I wish you luck in finding a resolution. We have been trading for almost 9 years, person to person, and hesitated to begin trading thru Pinpics. But we decided to dive in the beginning of this year. I have already had a situation whereas I mailed my pin and never received theirs. I had sent several emails, but received no communication. This happened in September and I have now reconciled that it was a trade gone bad. I am out a pin, but have retained my sanity!

It is my opinion that the burden of proof belongs to the sender. Apparently there is no DC # or someone would be able to trace it to somewhere. It is also my opinion that since he didn't receive the pin that he was promised, and if there is no proof it has been sent or received, then he is entitled to have his pins returned if he wishes. Why should he have to settle for pins he doesn't want?

The problem with Delivery Confirmation is that is does not prove anything other than the pins were sent. It is all but worthless. CANNOT BE TRACKED that it was delivered to the right address or person!!!!
All the Post office can do is track that the package got delivered "somewhere".
The postman could have in fact delivered a package somewhere, but not necessarily to the correct address, could have lost it,, etc. etc...... who knows the endless possibilities.
You can accomplish the same thing by getting the receipt for the package at the post office.
The other trader sounds honest, as they do acknowledge getting your pins, does not help you much, but if they can prove they sent it, they have done their end of the trade, and if it got lost, why should they be punished?
On the other hand, you got squat, so I would hope that the two of you can resolve the issue by compromise, be it several pins you don't really want, just returning your pin, or paying you a fair price for the pins that did not arrive.
I've had a few oddities in trades that went south.
One was similiar to your situation, They got my pin, I never got theirs, we worked it out to where they returned my pin & we agreed that if their pin ever showed up at my house, We would finalize the trade. After about 3 months the lost pin arrived, not at my house but at theirs, it had gotten lost in transit & instead of delivering it to me it was returned to sender. I was notified by the other trader of what ultimately happened but then they backed out of the agreement to complete the trade. It was a pin I really wanted but........what can you do???

Another one was a person that I had traded with often, & this was a high end pin we were each trading, their pin arrived badly broken & they would not honor replacing it, they were too busy & it would be at least 3 months before they could even deal with it......I filed a complaint, but they did nothing & closed they case because I did not think it was right for the other person to make me wait at least 3 months before "dealing with it".
We have never traded again & I get constant requests from this person to trade & I ignore them.

I got burned but I believe that what goes around comes around & it gives me satisfaction to know that most traders are honest.

I maintain that the postal service rarely "loses" anything. I have sent quite a bit of mail in my lifetime and maybe 2 things have ever gotten "lost". I say post their pinpic identity so that they are on record here.

I would still let PinPics know about this. The staff helped me with a trader that refused to send me a pin after the cut off date. It doesn't hurt to try. I never did get a pin but the person I was trading with was removed from PinPics.

The other trader sounds honest, as they do acknowledge getting your pins, does not help you much, but if they can prove they sent it, they have done their end of the trade, and if it got lost, why should they get punished?

Because only the sender can purchase insurance for the package and if it gets lost, only the sender can file a claim. You put pins in the mail at your own risk and if you chose not to insure then that is your risk and not the other trader's fault. Pinpics says the sender is responsible until the package arrives safely. Agree or not, that's the rule.

I agree that the Post Office RARELY looses anything.
I actually try to trade with the most reputable people because I dont want to use DC.
I send 10 - 15 packages a week and you start to add up the extra 85 cents and it's a lot after a while.

I think rocke01 is correct in letting pinpics know because even though they have offered you a pin or pins from their wants, they did not deliver on their original deal. I can totally relate. If I was trading for Lizzie and was expecting a Dalmatian we needed and it never arrived and none of their pins are Dalmatians or anything I collect, the rules as written in a previous post is that you give back the pins to the sender if your pins dont arrive.

Insurance? Yeah, then at least they can collect, but the pin with what they collected and deliver it as promised.

I just would let pinpics handle it and not personaly call them out. What if the pin ended up showing up. I know, very unlikely but I have sent a pin to a very good friend in Bakersfield (150 miles away) and it was lost (technically) almost 3 weeks later, it showed up resealed with postal tape and the pins were in it.

Just my 3 cents

update the trader did not use delivery confirmation and i asked for my pins back and they refused further stating they will no loger respond to my emails and will forward them directly to thier house lawyer.......what exactly is a house lawyer anyways? anyhow i told the they were a grinch and wished them a merry christmas and keep the pins if they hadnt already sold them on ebay :(

i am not sure if i can post all theirt information or not on this site but i will happily tell anyone that would like to email or message me so that they dont get taken as well.

Tell them to go right ahead and forward them to his lawyer because then their lawyer may tell them that they are committing mail fraud. Open a disput through the Pinpics system and tell them that if they don't cooperate then you will report them to the USPS and IC3 (internet fraud).

Tell them to go right ahead and forward them to his lawyer because then their lawyer may tell them that they are committing mail fraud. Open a disput through the Pinpics system and tell them that if they don't cooperate then you will report them to the USPS and IC3 (internet fraud).

I totally agree with this. If they have no proof they sent anything, then you are owed something. Call your local police station and ask to speak with someone about mail fraud. I have done this before. My police department contacted that person (not pin related) and let me tell you how fast they started spinning to get my stuff to me!

I still say post their pinpics ID here. Why not they have done you wrong, why not let the community know?
the reason i didnt put them out there is i dont know if the rules of the forum will allow it. the one other time i was taken advantage of a couple of years ago i posted it all over dizpins and it was taken down almost immediately

Please do tell!!!!

My friend has had the same issues with a certain person on PinPIcs. She graciously gave me their name and I will not trade with them.

As I understand it, you can file a police report with the police department in THEIR city, county or what have you.

This has happened in the past to someone I know, and the police WILL take a report.

This seems to be a drastic move, but when someone is not willing to fish or cut bait, then they need to know they have to take responsibility for it.

I’m curious if the sender (The victim) sent their package with Delivery confirmation or proof of delivery? If so, this may be the reason why the people admitted they received the pins.

It's a very sad day when someone will not take responsibility for their actions, or lack thereof.

Let's try to help this DIsney Pin Forum Member get their pin!!!!!

they did not use delivery confirmation......to be quite honest i truly question as to whether or not they even sent the pin.

I would like to know who this person is as well. I'm sorry you are going through this.

well if you aren't comfortable posting it in the open, please pm me the info so at least i'm aware of them, if you don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back