• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PIN ID Help needed for Mickey Mouse tuxedo pin

PIN ID Help needed for Mickey Mouse tuxedo pin

cyke23

DPF Nut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this pin on one of the trading boards at Disneyland. Searching through Pinpics, it’s similar to 4395 and 57870. It’s small; I added a Mickey back for size comparison. The back is interesting. I can’t make out the word before “entertainment” nor the word after “to”. Wondering if it’s authentic or not.

4c57a09c2014a6753395c81ef63edd2e.jpg

b83d58a7186d2ac50266091f9de37687.jpg

Solution
4395: This is a pin I traded for. I don't track sources, so can't say much about legitimacy of my exact pin. But in general I have believed it to be legit. I have this pin logged as 4395. The major difference on the front is the face. Your's is tan, mine is white. The picture on Pinpics also shows the white face. My backside is also very different, but probably appropriate for the release era. There is no date on the pinpics listing, but the pin number alone means it was well before the mickey head waffle pattern was started on pins. My conclusion is 4395 is not your pin.

57870: I have a lot of Mickey Mouse pins, but I do not believe I have this one (have not had time to look through them all, I lucked out in locating 4395...
Disney Parks
??
Exclusive
We Bring the Magic to Life
C. Disney
China

Looks authentic in the front to me, but that back mickey head to the right of the text box looks a bit wonky. I wish i knew what was on that one line i can't read though if its said AK or other letters that would help figure out if it was one of those two. Could be a pin exclusive to the Entertainment Cast Members. And their could be a version of it for each Disney location perhaps?

I am wondering has WDI always had the sorcerers hat logo on the back? If so we can rule out the WDI version of the pin. Also the Pinpics listings are just showing a drawing of the design because it doesn't have the socks or the dimension of an actual pin for there listing photos. So its a little hard to go by those.

Definitely would be a cast member pin design though with that slogan on it.

Edit - Okay i just cruised a certain auction site, there are alot of pins that look just like the awful photos on pinpics for sale on the bay that i think are scrappers/fakes. They look awful. Your pin looks amazing comparitively. So i lean towards yours actually being the real deal and perhaps LE. Simply becuase the quality of your pin is miles better than the loads of listings i just looked at. Perhaps someone who knows more about this pin will chime in :)

Last edited:
4395: This is a pin I traded for. I don't track sources, so can't say much about legitimacy of my exact pin. But in general I have believed it to be legit. I have this pin logged as 4395. The major difference on the front is the face. Your's is tan, mine is white. The picture on Pinpics also shows the white face. My backside is also very different, but probably appropriate for the release era. There is no date on the pinpics listing, but the pin number alone means it was well before the mickey head waffle pattern was started on pins. My conclusion is 4395 is not your pin.

57870: I have a lot of Mickey Mouse pins, but I do not believe I have this one (have not had time to look through them all, I lucked out in locating 4395 quickly.) The only thing I can say (for whatever it is worth) the picture on Pinpics also has a white face (not tan).

If the pictures on Pinpics are correct (and not saying they are) your pin is neither of the above.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
d559838aefbe21ec5551b84c3dfea37b.jpg

6c5cc25a62e1eaa9fa362ab1f642ffac.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
So far, I've not seen the printed FAC number on scrappers/fakes. Yours has it. Also, yours has nice detail and colour! I like it way better than the pics of 4395. I really like this pin! So cute and small!
So agree i wouldn't mine owning your (this cyke23) version of the pin it looks sooo nice. Plus love me some CM pins :) It could be a pin style they redue at from time to time to offer entertainment cast in different places. Can you get a bigger picture of the text on the back i have a feeling that missing line might help us figure out they mystery. Really like the pin though congrats on the find :)

Sounds right given the logo but the letters in front of that word should give a clue as to where. The second letter looks alot like a "Y" or a "V" with maybe a Tiny "R" in a circle after it for registered trademark or something? There are a lot of divisions of Entertainment at the Parks. It could be LIVE entertainment for example but the shape of the letters doesn't look right.

Disney_Parks_Live_Entertainment_Logo.png

Back