• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Help with a Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help with a Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives pin?

TCox91

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,

I went to the Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibit at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library a couple of weeks ago. As you know, they had a selection of special pins available in the gift shop at the end. You can't grab these off the racks like you would at the parks- you have to fill out an order form and then turn it in at the register to get the pins. Of course I bought a few, but I just now realized that they made a mistake and gave me two of the same design!

I had wanted one of the Opening Day Steamboat Willie and Mickey pin (PinPics ID #91370), and one of the Fab 5 (PinPics ID #91371). They gave me two of the Fab 5 pin. I know they said "all sales are final" on the pins, so I don't think I would be able to exchange it. Not to mention that I'm over 300 miles away from the Library and won't be back before the Treasures exhibit closes.

So with that said, would anyone here be willing to trade me a Steamboat Willie for a Fab 5? They are the same price ($12.95), so in terms of monetary value they are equivalent. Or, if anyone is going to the exhibit before it closes, if you could pick up a Steamboat Willie and send it to me, I will reimburse you for the cost of the pin plus shipping (I have PayPal or I can send a check- just PM me!). But I would much rather trade!

For reference, here are pictures of the pins I'm talking about:

pin91370

Pin #91370- This is the one I'm trying to acquire.

pin91371

Pin #91371- This is the pin they gave me a duplicate of instead of the right one!

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Hmm... have u attempted to call the Library gift store and explain what happened?? If it is their error, they should send u the correct pin u ordered to begin with and pay for the expenses to do so bc they made the error. It wouldn't hurt to ask them :)

Hmm... have u attempted to call the Library gift store and explain what happened?? If it is their error, they should send u the correct pin u ordered to begin with and pay for the expenses to do so bc they made the error. It wouldn't hurt to ask them :)

Yeah, I think I'll try contacting them. Hopefully they'll allow me to do an exchange. The only thing is that I have no actual proof that they gave me the wrong pin (since I had to turn in the order form), but maybe they'll understand.

The pin is on sale on their website for $9.71. Sadly, they are charging $9 for shipping.

https://secure3.convio.net/reagan/site/Ecommerce?store_id=1221&PAGENUM=2

That's so weird- I looked last night and didn't see it! Guess I just wasn't looking hard enough. But that's good to know. Worst case scenario is that I'll just pay the $18.71 for it. Even with the shipping, it would still be cheaper than paying for gas to drive back to Simi Valley! At least they're offsetting the shipping cost somewhat by discounting the pin- it's $12.95 if you buy it in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back