• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

VINYL hidden codes for vinylmations

Kind of sounds like trading cards. When I used to buy sealed boxes, after the first box, you could figure out where the chase/special cards were :0 I liked the lenticular ones the best (easy to feel) *lol*

ITA! I saw a person at DLR intently rummaging around all the boxes. I went up to him and stood there and stared at him. He didn't even noticed me at first and I asked what he was doing. After some discussion, he admitted he was peeling off the stickers at the bottom to reveal the code because he gets all the chasers and rare variants and sells them on Ebay at a profit. He finds out when all the new cases comes in and does this. I was appalled. What was worse is the CMs all knew about it and just said See you next week. Some laughed. They said they cannot do anything to stop it because it is not stealing or illegal. I felt so sick because I buy tons and tons of blindboxes and hardly ever get a chaser and never a variant. Now, I know why.

WOW! This whole thing makes me sad. I have been collecting vinyls off and on for a while now and I never knew people were doing that but it does add up. I was just annoyed with this a few days ago. I am not kidding you when I say I have blind boxed about 75 vinyls since I started and I have NEVER, NOT ONE SINGLE TIME pulled a chaser or variant at all. It is really upsetting when you open that many and can not figure out why you can not pull a good one ever. Now I know. They are all snagged before I ever even have the chance. :( WOW! I honestly do not want to continue collecting these after reading things like this as I feel like unless I buy a full case which I generally can not afford to do then I will never pull a good vinyl. The kids really like these and I have 2 nice cases in their playroom full of them plus enough to really do 1-2 more cases but out of all those I only have 2 chasers and the only reason I have them is b/c I found them in clear cases at the Disney store (once at local store and once at WDW).

UGH!! :( Very frustrating. This should teach me NOT to start new collections of anything.

WOW! This whole thing makes me sad. I have been collecting vinyls off and on for a while now and I never knew people were doing that but it does add up. I was just annoyed with this a few days ago. I am not kidding you when I say I have blind boxed about 75 vinyls since I started and I have NEVER, NOT ONE SINGLE TIME pulled a chaser or variant at all. It is really upsetting when you open that many and can not figure out why you can not pull a good one ever. Now I know. They are all snagged before I ever even have the chance. :( WOW! I honestly do not want to continue collecting these after reading things like this as I feel like unless I buy a full case which I generally can not afford to do then I will never pull a good vinyl. The kids really like these and I have 2 nice cases in their playroom full of them plus enough to really do 1-2 more cases but out of all those I only have 2 chasers and the only reason I have them is b/c I found them in clear cases at the Disney store (once at local store and once at WDW).

UGH!! :( Very frustrating. This should teach me NOT to start new collections of anything.

Well, the good news is that Disney seems to be taking this more seriously. I've noticed that the stickers are now taped over in the Disney Stores and I've seen more CMs hanging by the vinyls now. When I went to the SF store recently, I was over by the vinylmations and a CM was all over me. It felt a little intrusive but I suppose it is better than having someone go through all the boxes and pull out the chasers and variants.

I was only able to blind box chasers twice when I bought a lot of boxes from a brand new sealed case. The CM removed the shrink wrap and shuffle the boxes around so I knew no one had gone through it already. Even on both occasions, I'd gone through at least 8 boxes before I got the chaser. :p

Star Wars Vinyls

Just got back from Disney World myself, and I had one mission to collect some of the Star Wars Vinyl's. I couldn't find any anywhere till I went to Tatooine Traders and they had all the boxes mixed together and behind the counters. The CM were the ones who picked for you and you got whatever they gave you. After reading all the post I am glad they are doing that and hope to see more of it for all the collections. Going back in February and I will now my eye out for those who decide to cheat the system cause I don't have any shame and I will tell you off in a heartbeat and make sure everyone around hears. As far as the whole Father cheating with his child, My daughter is 7 and she has been collecting for a year now so I have a little experience with the trading, just about every time we have been up to the counter to trade the CM behind the counter has been really talkie to my daughter trying to find out which ones she is really looking for and if it is behind the number wall they try to get her the one she wants. They weren't collecting they were trying to make money and I refuse to by anything like this on e-bay or such just because of this if everyone would do the same then it would go away.

Just got back from Disney World myself, and I had one mission to collect some of the Star Wars Vinyl's. I couldn't find any anywhere till I went to Tatooine Traders and they had all the boxes mixed together and behind the counters. The CM were the ones who picked for you and you got whatever they gave you. After reading all the post I am glad they are doing that and hope to see more of it for all the collections. Going back in February and I will now my eye out for those who decide to cheat the system cause I don't have any shame and I will tell you off in a heartbeat and make sure everyone around hears. As far as the whole Father cheating with his child, My daughter is 7 and she has been collecting for a year now so I have a little experience with the trading, just about every time we have been up to the counter to trade the CM behind the counter has been really talkie to my daughter trying to find out which ones she is really looking for and if it is behind the number wall they try to get her the one she wants. They weren't collecting they were trying to make money and I refuse to by anything like this on e-bay or such just because of this if everyone would do the same then it would go away.[/QUOTE

Must find these! My friend is a huge fan of Star Wars. The CM is really nice ;) Were you able to get all of them that your daughter wanted? :)

This past week I ordered individual boxes from disneystore.com, 2 lion king and 8 Have a Laugh (which were $5.99 BTW) ...and I got the chaser from each series...so maybe ordering online is better than going into the store:drool:

I recently got 2 Villains 2 trays. I marked down the position of each figure very carefully with the first tray. And with the second tray it was completely scrambled! I literally blindboxed the chaser last after going through the entire box not being able to find it... =/

That is so wrong, looking at the codes so you can sell?:( I wonder if people in Japan even care about vinyls that much, I love Disney Villains and in the past 7 months I have bought 3 Villains vinyls, out of those 3 one was Jafar and one was Mother Gothel. I didn't even realize those were the rare ones until I came on this forum and saw people talking about it. I was just happy to get some cool looking ones!

Back