• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

QUESTION How many pins…?

How many pins are too many?

• 500+

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 1000+

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 1500+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2000+

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I will know it when I see it.

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • They are like Pokemon, gotta catch them all

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
QUESTION How many pins…?

Mcgilligan

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
As someone who is consistently organizing and re-organizing my pins (by movie, by set, by collection, etc) I am curious as to how many pins is too many? I do not count traders as part of the collection.

I am not asking about traders. Honestly if you think you have too many traders, start a swap box, in about three months time you will receive some keepers and new traders.

I try my best to focus on quality rather than quantity, since I don’t have much storage space. I also try my best to purchase pins that will retain their value instead of decrease over time, since you never know when an interest will change or you’ll need emergency funds. But as long as your collection makes you happy, you’ll know when you hit the point of “too many” or maybe need to do a bit of a liquidation.

I have only been collecting for 10 years, but I assume there are a lot of traders with over 10,000 or 20,000 pins, so your survey option seems a bit on the low side. :)

I don't see myself stopping and if I go another 10 years, I am pretty sure I will be over 10,000.

Um it doesn’t go high enough by our estimates we hit about 18k owned (collection/traders) before we started the par down and it’ll be less than 10k after I sell off the recently removed collections.

Edited to add: I started collecting in June 00- my spouse in Apr 05

Back