• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I just got a Tonnor Rapunzel doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a Tonnor Rapunzel doll
Hahahaha, no no no! Pleasant company made American Girl dolls in the Beginning. Technically they were Gotz made bodies, but under Lisaenscing of Pleasant Company. Now they are made by mattel. Pleasant Rowland came up with the original Idea of them. Molly, Samantha, and Kirsten were the first three then Felicity then Addy and so on. Samantha and her best friend are now retired, so keep on to yours

Yuppers. This is true indeed! ;) I have Addy, Felicity(retired), Samantha(retired),Cécile, Kanani, Nicki, Jess, JLY#26 and Sovay. Custom Marie grace doll with Cécile's wig and gray eyes. ;) I love my AG dolls, I have collected them for half my life! ( only 8 years, but still, ;) )

Back in the 90s, Robert Tonner did limited edition dolls for WDW Teddy Bear and Doll Conventions plus I think the One Disneyland event. I know he was at the one in 1992 and most of the others through 2000. He also made OOAK auction pieces. For the conventions, one year he did a vinyl child doll as Cinderella with a mask, then Aurora, then Belle. Another doll he did was Betsy McCall as a Mouseketeer, then in a Minnie Mouse type dress. He also did Cruella de vil.

At his own Tonner Conventions, he started off the Disnry license with a Jiminey Cricket figurine and a Pinocchio doll. There was an amazing resin centerpiece of Gepetto's workshop table, which I was not lucky enough to win the right to buy. An extra fee companion doll was a 16" fashion doll of the Blue Fairy using the Cinderella/Cami headsculpt.

He then introduced his Disney Princess line with a 16" fashion doll of Sleeping Beauty in her pink gown as well as in her basic outfit. He used the Lana Lang headsculpt. It didn't look like the animation so she didn't sell well although her gown was gorgeous.

He then tried to sculpt the Princesses to look more like animation and he used a new teen body. He issued Snow White in her peasant outfit and classic outfit, Cinderella, Belle in her blue dress and yellow gown, Ariel in her pink gown, Tiana and Jasmine, plus a couple versions in 22". Most of them were marked down. I bought most of them for $100 each. In fact if you look at Cherished Friends they have Ariel and Jasmine on clearance.

Another resin centerpiece base he did was of Snow White's wishing well.

There's been other dolls like Small World, Chronicles of Narnia, Prince of Persia, Tron, Tron Legacy, and POTC.

If you have the Rapunzel doll, she the same body as Tonner's Wilde Imagination Ellowyne and can share her clothes.

I'll try to post some pics in a few days of some of the ones I have.

Stacy in IL

Samantha's clothes were insane! I still have her middy dress for my old Josefina. But the tonner park exclusives were for Disney World. Like I said almost impossible to fine. There is one of the cinderella on ebay right now. Just type in "tonner disney world" in ebay. It's basically a really old version of a princess and me doll. The only one on there is the cinderella one. The it's a small world dolls weren't park exclusives. But the aurora park exclusive is a little more tricky to find just cause she was so awesome

That Cinderella doll that is on ebay was made for one of the Walt Disney World Teddy Bear and Doll Conventions during the 90s, I think she was done in 1995. The Betsy McCall in the purple polka dots with mouse ears was also for one of the WDW Teddy Bear and Doll Conventions in the 90s. The only way to get that Cinderella was to have attended the convention and literally sleep out over night to buy her during the limited editions items sale in the Contemporary Convention Center. Since I was staying at the Grand Floridian, I opted to sleep in a bed and missed out on her. The doll retailed for probably $250 or $275 at the convention, plus sales tax. Thanks for pointing out that auction, I'm tempted to complete my set. Anyway, the next year because of complaints about having to sleep out, they went to a lottery system, where after you checked into the convention you went and pressed a button to get a random lottery number.

I totally forgot to mention in my list of dolls, that he has also done dolls of Miss Piggy and Kermit and also Davy Crockett.

From Tonner Convention May 2011, in the competition room, one of the categories were the early dolls of Robert Tonner since it was his company's 20th anniversary. On the right, is a doll (my collection) that he made for a WDW Teddy Bear and Doll Convention. She's vinyl with hand painted eyes, wearing a version of Aurora's pink gown. The other is not mine and I'm not sure what event she was made for, maybe the Disneyland Teddy Bear and Doll Convention (?).

Here's a couple more of Sleeping Beauty, still in her box.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Her hang tag with edition size.

ry%3D400

I'll post pics of other Tonner Disney dolls later today.

Stacy in IL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back