• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! I just got Grail Zapped?!?!?!?!

ZAPPED! I just got Grail Zapped?!?!?!?!

Ventchick

The DPF Ventriloquist
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
So..... I just went to the mail box and had NOTHING in it... except a package I was expecting from David -aka- Docfish2u -aka- Mr. Grailslayer -aka- the one who made me cry today.

First of all, I traded some "okay" pins so that I could get a PODM of The Jungle Book. As many of you know, I'm trying to get one scene of every PODM... no matter what the scene is. Honestly, David did me a huge favor, just by trading me for the PODM, since he probably doesn't need or collect the pins that I traded him. This is the pin I got:

Jungle_zps58d0b81a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I also mentioned to David that I wanted to give these two little girls pins of their favorite princesses... I offered to trade him, but he said he would zap them to the girls. When I see them next week, I will post a pic of their inevitable smiles! Here are the pins:

Princess_zps20371934.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Those were the things I was expecting.

Now... MY zap.... I had no idea... (I suppose that's the point of a zap). I have 3 grails... just 3... The Mary Poppins Swarovski Umbrella, The Alice in "Drink Me" Bottle, and The Alice in Pansies with Lithograph (in no particular order).

This is what I got:

Grail_zpsd88fc2c3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I LITERALLY cried. I've been wanting this pin/lithograph set ever since I started pin collecting.

David- I can never repay you for the kindness you have shown. Alice is SO much more than a cartoon character to me... she's who I was/am in so many ways. It may be just a drawing and a colorful, shiny piece of metal to others... but it means so much more to me. I will NEVER give this pin/litho up. "Thank you" doesn't seem like enough... but I have no other words... so Thank You, from the bottom of my heart.

And the grail slayer strikes again, leaving nothing but smiles in his wake!! =O :D

So happy for you, ventchick!! The most treasured disney characters are ones we relate to the most and feel a connection to, and it's so special when we can commemorate them in our collection with pretty shiny pins; and now it's even more special since you have a wonderful memory with how you obtained it. Congratulations and enjoy your new additions!! =)

I call him the "Rainmaker" because her has made me cry too many times. Congrats on the beautiful gift.

holy smurf! super congrats! David continues to astound me with his kindness :eek: That is a lovely set, congrats ^_^

Okay, where to start with this one.

Savannah, you my dear have already repaid me. I do this to make people happy and apparently you were really happy. That truly is thank you enough. If you ever decide you want to do something to get even with me it is very easy, pick somebody to zap and tell me about it. Then the circle of zapping can be complete. Sorry Simba for stealing your schtick. The fact that I made another person cry is just a bonus. :lol:

While Alex and I are taking people out at the knees, this one is actually a collaboration with Matt (kupo1121) You mentioned I did you a favor in the podm trade. Matt did one for me so that I could get this set for you. If it wasn't for Matt, this couldn't have happened.

You probably don't even realize that night we were in chat together talking about grails that I was paying attention and doing something about it. Let that be a warning to everybody. I do pay attention. Doesn't mean everybody is going to get grail zapped when we talk about stuff, but it also might mean that you will be. I am very sneaky. :suspect:

I am so happy to help you cross one of the top three off of your list!!!

David, I had no idea that you were paying attention in chat! I mostly just talk (or type) to hear my head rattle (or fingers click). :lol:

I had no idea that Kupo had something to do with this... THANK YOU SO MUCH MATT!!!!!!

Huggles to both of you! Now I shall hunt for someone to zap.... :suspect:

David, I had no idea that you were paying attention in chat! I mostly just talk (or type) to hear my head rattle (or fingers click). :lol:

I had no idea that Kupo had something to do with this... THANK YOU SO MUCH MATT!!!!!!

Huggles to both of you! Now I shall hunt for someone to zap.... :suspect:

You just never know when somebody is paying attention. :lol: Oh and you have to fix your siggy. :rock:

David likes to make women cry, Most of the time it's for a good reason, but other times.....:lol::lol:

Great pins...congrats!!!! Chalk another one up for the slayer!!

Back