• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I need advice on a Funko figure (also a rant)... not happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need advice on a Funko figure (also a rant)... not happy

Happy Haunt

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Why does nearly everything I buy to add to my King Candy collection have defects!? Ahhhhhh! As some of you know I had pre-ordered the reissue of the King Candy Funko vinyl, he recently arrived... but there's so many paint defects on the figure! I don't mind one or two but SERIOUSLY? Are all Funko figures like this, or did I (of course it would be me) get a dud? (And not Milk Duds at that!) I can't afford to send it back, for those who have King Candy reissues, what's the paint like on them? I really don't know what to do now. :( I need to get the Turbo when he's released too, but what if the same thing happens?

I just can't believe this after a couple of my King Candy pins (the expensive ones at that) had bent posts, which I still haven't tried to straighten as I'm frightened I'll damage the pin. I am so very angry, upset and just don't know what to do right now. Looks like I'll have to buy ANOTHER one, when I'm not exactly rich and had to save my money for Turbo and pins I was needing! Well I had been in a good mood, and was excited that he had finally arrived in the post... BUT NO, of course not... always something wrong isn't there!?

Funko are well known for their terrible paint jobs I'm afraid. All of mine have some problems but the worst are my Carl and Russell ones. They were so bad that the store gave me a refund and let me keep them. Where did you buy yours from? The best thing to do is try to get a replacement. They may not even ask for it back depending on where you bought it.

I've never received a funko figure that didn't have some defects either. I have belle and the beast and the beast paint job is terrible. I also have non disney ones and they are also bad. I stopped ordering them now and only get them in person, but they are hard to find locally for me.

Funko are well known for their terrible paint jobs I'm afraid. All of mine have some problems but the worst are my Carl and Russell ones. They were so bad that the store gave me a refund and let me keep them. Where did you buy yours from? The best thing to do is try to get a replacement. They may not even ask for it back depending on where you bought it.

Pre-order from eBay. Unfortunately I'm not good with official complaints or asking for replacements. Had no idea the paint jobs are often an issue with these. :(

I've never received a funko figure that didn't have some defects either. I have belle and the beast and the beast paint job is terrible. I also have non disney ones and they are also bad. I stopped ordering them now and only get them in person, but they are hard to find locally for me.

Yikes, well thanks for the info anyhow. I doubt I can buy them in person as I'm in the UK.

I feel like painting the defects myself (I'm not fussed about taking figures out of packing), but I wouldn't know what paint to use. I'm just very disappointed right now, especially since my King Candy collection seems to be defect central right now. Now I'm wary about pre-ordering Turbo, though somebody is willing to pick one up for me... only thing is neither of us know what the release date is!

There's a store over by me called Halloween Town, they have a large collection of Funko's and when I know there's one that I want, I head there and literally sift through all of them to find the LEAST flawed. I have bought all my Maleficents, Evil Queens, Oogie Boogies, from there, and its really about the lesser of all evils. I will try to head down there in the next few days and see what I can find :)

There's a store over by me called Halloween Town, they have a large collection of Funko's and when I know there's one that I want, I head there and literally sift through all of them to find the LEAST flawed. I have bought all my Maleficents, Evil Queens, Oogie Boogies, from there, and its really about the lesser of all evils. I will try to head down there in the next few days and see what I can find :)

Sounds like a great store, wish we had something like that here. And thank you! King Candy is definitely for sale now, have no idea about Turbo. Of course WIR stuff likes to sell out fast... but I dunno how limited these re-issues are.

I just found out that Funkos are known for their terrible paint jobs. Pm me and maybe I can help you get another one. I'm getting the Turbos and I'm sure I can pick up a King Candy for you.

Ugh, sorry girl. That's crummy :( I hadn't heard of these figures but it's good to have a heads up that they aren't the best quality items. Hopefully you can find a new one that isn't all messed up. Fingers crossed for you!

Ugh, sorry girl. That's crummy :( I hadn't heard of these figures but it's good to have a heads up that they aren't the best quality items. Hopefully you can find a new one that isn't all messed up. Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks. I guess things have just been getting to me recently, since that awful Tangled pin fiasco I've been moody (I've been pretty down anyway recently)... and when I started feeling better about it I find yet another item in my King Candy collection has defects. Its all such a bother. :(

I buy Pops both in-store and online, and of the ones I've purchased online I've had a LOT more without defects than with. Don't let your first one sour you on them forever. :)

I would recommend, as an extra precaution when buying on eBay, sending the seller a message asking that they be sure and send you a figure with a good paint job. All of the sellers I've bought Pops from on eBay are GREAT about making sure you'll be happy with the figure you get!

As for fixing the paint job yourself, I have fixed and customized Pops in the past, and acrylic paint works great on them.

I buy Pops both in-store and online, and of the ones I've purchased online I've had a LOT more without defects than with. Don't let your first one sour you on them forever. :)

I would recommend, as an extra precaution when buying on eBay, sending the seller a message asking that they be sure and send you a figure with a good paint job. All of the sellers I've bought Pops from on eBay are GREAT about making sure you'll be happy with the figure you get!

As for fixing the paint job yourself, I have fixed and customized Pops in the past, and acrylic paint works great on them.

Ah, thanks for the info. I'm thinking it might be a better idea to try that then buy another; I want to focus on getting the Turbo anyhow.

- As a person who almost have more than 50 Disney funko pops alone, I honestly could say buying them in person is a good chance to seeing all the paint jobs & especially packaging as well too. Like somebody mentioned, sending that little message to the sellers & asking them nicely to see if they could find you a good conditioned one. I still need to finish series 5, a little bit of muppets, turbo, & couple of the new NBC ones.

- As a person who almost have more than 50 Disney funko pops alone, I honestly could say buying them in person is a good chance to seeing all the paint jobs & especially packaging as well too. Like somebody mentioned, sending that little message to the sellers & asking them nicely to see if they could find you a good conditioned one. I still need to finish series 5, a little bit of muppets, turbo, & couple of the new NBC ones.

Any idea when Turbo is released? I'm going crazy trying to figure this out.

Turbo is being shipped out from the actual retailer today so different stores should be getting them in as early as tomorrow or next week. Hope this helps. :)

Turbo is being shipped out from the actual retailer today so different stores should be getting them in as early as tomorrow or next week. Hope this helps. :)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

tumblr_inline_mg8fn0nLOH1r1s9ah.gif

http://www.toyworldmag.co.uk/news/2...-toys-announce-exclusive-european-partnership

Funko (Seattle, USA) and Underground Toys (London, UK) have announced an exclusive partnership. Underground will now incorporate the Funko line of products within its range of licensed merchandise which already includes many items originating from Funko’s licensed brands.

Funko is a creator and manufacturer of a variety of entertainment-related toys, most notably bobbleheads, blind box mini figures and their own brand, Pop! Vinyl. Funko currently services US retailers of all sizes, including Hot Topic, Barnes and Noble, FYE and Walmart, as well as having a presence in most international markets.
Underground is a global entertainment merchandise company headquartered in London and distributing its own licensed products to European retailers such as Toys R Us, Tesco, Asda, Carrefour and FNAC.
Brian Mariotti, CEO of Funko, said: “This partnership has been staring us in the face for some time and it is extremely exciting to conclude a formal relationship with Underground which will allow extensive distribution of our items throughout Europe.â€
Andy Oddie, founder and managing director of Underground Toys, added: “The Funko line of 1,000 different licensed items is a perfect match for our existing profile of around 1,600 products. I have the utmost respect for what Brian has achieved in this unique toy area and we are ready to deliver in Europe for Funko.â€
The arrangement is formally active January 1st 2014, but Underground is already transitioning the business. Some of the existing European distributors will remain in place, now sourcing their stock from Underground.

^Well that's interesting... though I don't want to wait around to get Turbo. Wreck-it Ralph merch goes fast most of the time. Thanks for the information.

Yeah ive always had issues too. I buy them i person and sort through to find the good ones

I went down to Halloween Town this morning and they didn't have King Candy. I have a couple more places I can check over the next few days :) I'm not giving up! I will find him (as minimally flawed as I can) for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back