• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I threw up in my mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I threw up in my mouth
Scary stuff for new person like me ive been going to disney all my life and had no idea about this its sad hearing about this im afraid to buy pins now :(

As for "lanyard stripping" it is a daily business for a lot of pin sharks, the big pins only come out occasionally and you know they need to make money for stuff like 40's, weed and video games so they flip HM's, boosters and rack pins that they get for pennies from cast lanyards. They take other unemployed "friends" and or use children to get them. They then sell them to people that actually know what they are buying and want authentic pins, they tend to get a much better price that simply the "tradeable pin lots" Remember the recent wave of HM pins? Those Pascals alone were selling for over $20 a piece...it was uuuuugly out there and the problem only gets worse as more and more of that population learns that pin flipping beats burger flipping.

This happens at WDW to on a HUGE scale!! I see the same people and couples running from CM to CM trading for anything that's authentic and handing them scrappers in return! It happened right in front of me the other day when I was talking to a CM I know. This well known couple came up, RUDELY interrupted our conversation, took everything that was authentic off the CM's lanyard, and pulled fakes out of her little cosmetic bag to give them!! They do this each and every day. The CM knew them very well. For those who think the CMs don't pay attention, they do!!

What I find the most funny (or is it?!!) are the some of the very people who sell cheap traders on the boards, ect, are the very same ones dumping fakes, day after day, after day at WDW, for the real things and then claiming to have authentic traders for sale, cheap!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back