• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

RAKed! I’m a fan of the Fan Sisters

RAKed! I’m a fan of the Fan Sisters

Ajk

Let's party like its 2019.
Rating - 100%
211   0   0
So I got a note from @stratasfan a little while back asking if I knew any nice very young Jewish girls.

Uhm.......

As a middle-aged man, that’s a question I need to be cautious about answering. Although my mother used to ask me similar questions quite frequently.

I think we all know that stratasfan and her sister @bingandnelsonfan like to make up American girl dolls and gift them to others. They gave them to the children of a couple of folks here on the forum. They had a Rebecca doll and wanted to give it to a Jewish girl. Now think about that for a moment. Giving away anything is very generous. Giving it away to somebody you know and associate with such as a fellow forum member is fantastic. But seeking out somebody you don’t know? A complete stranger? Just randomly reaching out to brighten up someone’s day? That is just absolutely something of another level and beyond generous!!

Luckily, I did know a little girl named Ruby who now has a wonderful new doll. And we’re not talking about just a doll here. As you can see from the below picture, it’s a doll, and two sets of clothes, and books, and accessories, and even a doll for the doll! Who knew there was such a thing?! Certainly not me. (But then, again, middle-aged man here.)

Elizabeth and Sarah, you are way, WAY too generous. On behalf of Ruby and her family, THANK YOU for such a generous and heart warming gift.

cd35f164716a03723527df6705acb354.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a beautiful gift!!

The sisters @stratasfan contacted me as well, but sadly I don’t have any Jewish friends or relatives the right age for such a treasure. I’m so glad this Rebecca found a good home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ajk
Just seeing this now for the first time! Soooooo glad we were able to find Ruby! Can't thank Aaron enough for all his work in this project! :) @Ajk - we have one more Rebecca doll we've just done (not quite so many accessories, but still super fun and lovely!) so try and think of one more nice little Jewish Girl! -grin- We have a few more non-Jewish ones, too, if anyone sees this and thinks of someone they know (in the approx. 6 and up age range) who would like a nice doll and maybe their family can't afford one!

Reactions: Ajk
Back