• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is my Vinylmation Leprechaun a fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is my Vinylmation Leprechaun a fake?

showmethepins

Gotta Find Mickey Pins!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi,

Jared here from Show Me The Pins. I have a few offers to trade for this pin in my collection but I'm nervous it may be a scrapper. Here's the pinpics link:

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=73124

Here are pics of my pin:

SAM_1323.jpg
SAM_1324.jpg

What are your thoughts? The "Limited Release", Disney Pin Trading Logo and Disney copyright China sections on the back of the pin are in different locations then they appear on PinPics, but the mickey heads on the back of the pin do over-run the edges of the pins which typically is a good sign.

Thanks in advance for the help!

it looks like their is a border which would mean its not authentic

+1

Sometimes it is hard to tell from a picture.. But, if you look at the back of this pin, is there a ridge like border around the edge. If the answer is yes, then it is probably a fake. Check out the information in the following thread - there is a picture showing the backs of some of these pins for comparison.

http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?205-Scrappers-Vs.-Counterfiets-(and-how-to-tell)&highlight=counterfeit

Some more helpful information..

Pin Lingo: Authentic; Not Authentic; Fake; Fantasy; Scrapper; Counterfeit; etc.. All serious pin traders go through a learning curve in the beginning. There is a lot of information about Disney pins on the web. If you do a google search on 'Fake Disney Pins', you will see what I mean. It is pretty interesting - but there is only so much that you have to learn - and it's not rocket science. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back