• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PIN ID Is this a scrapper?

PIN ID Is this a scrapper?

SoraPandora

Figaro Fan
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Please help! I am debating about buying a pin from my wants list, but it’s been heavily scrapped so I want to be cautious. Posting some pictures below…

8891ed0dd0c962212863cd57b3faf1bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Cheshire from the release. Here is a pic of the back.

Note: i purchased this pin directly from DSSH on the day of release.
05c5c8d56135971a32aeabfa1cf80e27.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The quality of the photos from the person selling the pin (I am assuming this is where your photos are coming from) might cause blurring. My phone is pretty good at taking pictures (its a Pixal which top of the line camera is one of their selling points), but the Cheshire still looks slightly blurrier in the pic I just posted than when I look at my pin directly.

Posted a pic of the front since this front shot shows my pin is more yellow gold than the photo I posted of the back (its looks more yellow gold to direct viewing... closer to the front picture.)

The FAC numbers on the back of the DSSH cards are different, but not sure if this means anything at all.

Anyway, using my pictures (from a pin purchased at the release) someone else may have some advice...

In general and IMO, I am not seeing any red flags for whatever that is worth. :)

The quality of the photos from the person selling the pin (I am assuming this is where your photos are coming from) might cause blurring. My phone is pretty good at taking pictures (its a Pixal which top of the line camera is one of their selling points), but the Cheshire still looks slightly blurrier in the pic I just posted than when I look at my pin directly.

Posted a pic of the front since this front shot shows my pin is more yellow gold than the photo I posted of the back (its looks more yellow gold to direct viewing... closer to the front picture.)

The FAC numbers on the back of the DSSH cards are different, but not sure if this means anything at all.

Anyway, using my pictures (from a pin purchased at the release) someone else may have some advice...

In general and IMO, I am not seeing any red flags for whatever that is worth. :)
Thanks so much!

I don’t know what the FAC numbers mean at all. I hate that we have to worry about counterfeits in this hobby!

Thank you everyone for your input. The seller purchased the pin in a lot and wasn’t completely positive whether it was legit. But he seemed really trustworthy, open, and honest with 100% positive feedback, so after a lot of back and forth, I put in an offer and he accepted. Worse case scenario, if it does turn out to be a counterfeit, I won’t feel like I was taken advantage of. ❤️

And hey, grail off my list! ‼️

There seems to be two versions of this pin I can find on eBay. Most of them look like the one you are showing, with a border around the edge on the back (the ice cream cones don't go all the way to the edge), and the FAC number printed like the one you show.
The other one (which is far less common) looks like the Chesire posted here- the ice cream cones go all the way to the edge, and the FAC number is clearly computer printed on the card... (and this one is 10x more expensive than all the ones that match the other description...)
Based on that, I would assume the ones where the ice cream cones don't reach the edge of the pin are fakes, assuming the Chesire posted above is confirmed to be legit...

If you search eBay for DSSH Marie broom, 4 show up. 3 of them are about $50, the 4th one is $450. Compare the details of the back of the pin and the card between the cheap ones and the expensive one...

Back