• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

SOLD! ISO Splash Mountain pins for trade or sale

SOLD! ISO Splash Mountain pins for trade or sale
I'm sure you'll have lots of takers! May as well go for it while the hypes up ;)

But for @Randakinskywalker , @Pecosace, and others - the good thing about pins is that they have a very long shelf life. The hype will eventually come down, and the dust will settle. Prices are jacked up so much right now because of scalpers taking advantage of the panic. And, tbh, in all honesty, the quality of many splash pins could be better (in my opinion). They'll settle back down some day, so don't buy into the madness. (I say, making my own ISO thread and waiting to play the long game.)
My tiny Splash Mountain pin collection is really tiny, but the pins all have a memory attached to them. I usually purchased a pin from the ride each trip and traded for any I found in lanyards during trips. I always had good luck with Splash pins on lanyards and boards. I always brought home 2-3 each trip. :) Too many memories to sell.

I'm sure you'll have lots of takers! May as well go for it while the hypes up ;)

But for @Randakinskywalker , @Pecosace, and others - the good thing about pins is that they have a very long shelf life. The hype will eventually come down, and the dust will settle. Prices are jacked up so much right now because of scalpers taking advantage of the panic. And, tbh, in all honesty, the quality of many splash pins could be better (in my opinion). They'll settle back down some day, so don't buy into the madness. (I say, making my own ISO thread and waiting to play the long game.)
Oh definitely, buying into these prices is a heck no! Especially since I'd bet money most OE stuff will be restocked. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff sitting in the utilidors waiting for opening day.

I decided to be selective about my Splash collecting, in that I either want it to have a specific vibe that evokes the ride, or is a scene directly from the ride. So no randos. I collect extinct attractions anyway so this is me just getting a headstart.

I won't lie though that I did pick up some Splash merch today. Two fantasy pins from a creator who I was already planning on collecting from (they didn't jack the price either), a Brer Fox penny (lol) and a gorgeous phone card that hurt my wallet a bit, but those are pricey to begin with.

$_1.JPG

I'll definitely be sitting by waiting for racks to come back in stock, but in the meantime, I am down for a trade if anyone has anything.

I think people, might want to rethink the availability of Splash / Brer merchandise in the parks in the future. They put a purple monorail on the original Epcot Starbucks mug and they immediately pulled it when social media pointed it out, and recolored the mug. I can't see them risking people posting their #splashmerch "I thought Disney was taking this seriously" pictures everywhere.

I think people, might want to rethink the availability of Splash / Brer merchandise in the parks in the future. They put a purple monorail on the original Epcot Starbucks mug and they immediately pulled it when social media pointed it out, and recolored the mug. I can't see them risking people posting their #splashmerch "I thought Disney was taking this seriously" pictures everywhere.
There was a death involved with that though, so I can see why they'd make the decision to pull it and fix it. The ride isn't changing for a while, so I'm just going off the fact that they're probably going to have to liquidate Splash merch somehow. That or design a mine-full of new Big Thunder merch to cram into the Splash gift shop. Which I wouldn't mind either. I'm not gonna be too pressed about it either way, just seeing if I can get the OE pins I'm after without spending a fortune.

That's a fair point! Although based off of this interview from D23, it seems like they're taking more of the approach of "this is just the natural course for the ride and part of the ongoing changes in the parks overall" and not "we're changing this because of this ride's controversial history". There is certainly an opportunity for Disney to make money here, and I'm guess I'm just biased in thinking that they're going to go for any cash grab they can. That being said, I understand if they choose not to release more merchandise and leave splash as a chapter in the past. (Although I'd still bet money on them releasing a "farewell" set, like for GMR and Universe of Energy.)

There was a death involved with that though, so I can see why they'd make the decision to pull it and fix it. The ride isn't changing for a while, so I'm just going off the fact that they're probably going to have to liquidate Splash merch somehow. That or design a mine-full of new Big Thunder merch to cram into the Splash gift shop. Which I wouldn't mind either. I'm not gonna be too pressed about it either way, just seeing if I can get the OE pins I'm after without spending a fortune.

More thunder Merch would be fantastic!

Also, your earlier post about a purchase from TDR brings an interesting point: what about the splash mountain there? So far, there is no announcement of getting a re-theme. Will SOTS merchandise still be available there? Or will they also try to phase it out.

Also, your earlier post about a purchase from TDR brings an interesting point: what about the splash mountain there? So far, there is no announcement of getting a re-theme. Will SOTS merchandise still be available there? Or will they also try to phase it out.

Theirs is not changing, so I don't expect merchandise changes either. Their Pirates also still has the Pirates chasing the women (the original design), as well as the auction scene.

That's a fair point! Although based off of this interview from D23, it seems like they're taking more of the approach of "this is just the natural course for the ride and part of the ongoing changes in the parks overall" and not "we're changing this because of this ride's controversial history". There is certainly an opportunity for Disney to make money here, and I'm guess I'm just biased in thinking that they're going to go for any cash grab they can. That being said, I understand if they choose not to release more merchandise and leave splash as a chapter in the past. (Although I'd still bet money on them releasing a "farewell" set, like for GMR and Universe of Energy.)

More thunder Merch would be fantastic!

Yes, you summed up my thoughts about merch. They're coming off very casual about the actual reasons they're going with the changes and it seems just vague enough that they're giving themselves wiggle room.

And as far as TDR goes, my money would be on it not getting changed. I obviously can't speak very deeply on how they perceive the film, but Song of the South actually had a lot of releases in Japan compared to the US, and since the racially charged subtext might be missed given it's based off of an American civil rights issue, it probably comes off as a lot cuter and less queasy. It's also been in the public domain over there for a while now. It's a very popular ride from what I've heard, whereas Princess and the Frog isn't a popular property at all in Japan. That, plus Disney not owning the park, might mean that Splash Mountain will stay as it is in TDR. I don't even think Disney could yank the liscensing rights from them if they tried to get rid of it that way since it's technically public domain there? Idk how that works, I'm definitely not a lawyer lol.

I have several splash mountain pins, plush, lantern lamp, and a few other items I am trying to sell. Lmk if anyone is interested.

Back