• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Just a curious question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a curious question

Mischiefmanaged

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Just want to know what people think. Do you think that putting pins on pin pics before they are even released ruins the popularity of it later on. For instance posting DSF pins that don't come out for another 2 weeks. The only reason I ask is because they won't be under "What's New" anymore. I personally don't like it when the pins get posted and feel like the popularity of it online goes down. Just feels like when the pins come out they aren't on What's new anymore since they were posted so long ago and therefore many people don't even know new pins exist.

What are your thoughts?

I agree! For example, Love is Magical pins were on pinpics in like December. So much for building the hype =/

IMO collectors search for their pins in multiple ways. Be it searching by "what's new", theme, origin (park, DFS, WDI, Paris, etc), LEs, year, word-of-mouth, etc. If a pin is to be popular, it will happen regardless. As collectors, we're pretty relentless in tracking down our quarry. :hsd::crazy:

As far as finding new pins, I never click on "What's New." I go to "Search," make sure "Disney Pins" and "Disney Pin Accessories" are checked off, click "Continue ->," just hit "Browse!" to view all pins, and then go to the last page.

I prefer pins to be listed in advance of release. I use them to print off pins that are going to be released during my trips. I don't always remember to check ODPT.com but I do search Pinpics to put together the list. It may not mean much to people who can just get in the car if they miss something. But when your next trip is a year away, and you don't have the ability to get online in the middle of your trip to check what just came out, there is no worse feeling than knowing you COULD have bought that pin but you just didn't know it was released.

I usually check whats new daily to see if there is something coming out that would fit into the collection. plus listing it in advance lets you know in advance if it will be a popular pin or not as well. will it be hard to trade for or super easy. do you want to get it knowing it will make a good trader? or take a chance you think it will be a good trader to find out down the road you cant get anything for it and wasted your money?

I like it when they are listed in advance because it allows us to make arrangements if we are unable to be at the park, DSF, WDI or wherever they are being released. Too many times when you dont see them listed, you may miss those pins. Just our opinion.

NurseK8, I sort of see it that way but remember the DSF NBC Cards? The wants were around 60 and traders around 2. eBay had newest GRAIL prices on them. It sold quickly and look at them now if you can trade or buy a good quality pin since most were damaged, they are = to original retail prices and everyone holds onto these as if they were the original pins.

I use the Whats New for information only. To plan my day off, know if I should trade or actually show up, wait until they go on the $4 pin bin. Also for the comments, either to inform myself or to reply on a pin I have to help out another trader. And you never know if one pin is bumped or you did not see that one before and want it. And also to find out that all your pins you just traded for has a scrapped alert.

I like having pins listed in advance, since it can demonstrate the general interest level in certain pins (and thus influence which ones I buy as traders).

-JD

Although, we have had a few scheduled releases in the past that went MIA. For instance, . Yet, the AP set did become available.

I like to see pins in advance as well, but I wish that once the pin is released the production art pictures would be replaced with the pictures of the actual pins.

The ideal would be to have pins with production art pictures in What's new section before the release dates and then "move" them over to "official" PinPics with actual photos. But who would like to go through that trouble? I know I wouldn't.

I personally have ALWAYS believed that a pin should only be listed by someone who has the pin in hand and can list the pin with an actual real-life picture of it. :( I really don't like the fact that a lot of pins on PinPics only have the concept art shown.

So yes, if I had my way, you would only be allowed to list a pin on PinPics if you had the pin in-hand (making the desciption more detailed and accurate) and could make the listing with a proper picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back