• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

LE 50 Alice in Wonderland in Court - Filmstrip Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE 50 Alice in Wonderland in Court - Filmstrip Pin

tyleet87

Curiouser & Curiouser...
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
220   0   0
pin31647
Pin 31647: Alice in Wonderland in Court - Filmstrip

I have been trying to collect all the unauthorized film strips with Alice but would rather have her go to someone's collection and hopefully put the funds to one of my grails.

This pin is super HTF and after all these years I have only managed to acquire 1!

I'm asking $200 including shipping to the US. If you live outside of the US please add $5.

This is the description on pinpics:

This exceptionally beautiful "Classic Filmstrips" pin combines a full color miniature lithograph with a filmstrip themed, high relief frame design.

The scene in this pin depicts "Alice on the stand in the Court of the King of Spades & the Queen of Hearts", from the Classic Disney Animated Film "Alice in Wonderland".

PRODUCED IN A LIMITED EDITION OF ONLY 50 PINS
The upper left of the Filmstrip frame reads "Artistry and Imagination". The lower right of the frame reads "Classic Filmstrips". This pin is manufactured of the highest quality materials, highly polished and 24kt Gold Plated, measuring 2.25 inches by 1.75 inches.

The pin is backstamped:

"Certificate of Authenticity"
"Limited Edition of 50"
"Image Copyright Walt Disney Company"
"Pin Design Copyright MicroFrame".

No it's not a fantasy pin. I know there was a thread either here or way back from dizpins discussing the origin of these pins.

Disney made them but for whatever reason they were never released to the public? Every once in a while one will pop up on eBay. I know swim2sea has all the Alice ones and they are VERY hard to come by. In my 9 years of pin trading I have only managed to acquire one!

Most of the ones on eBay are always asking over $200 for each of them and I am pretty sure I paid around this price for the one I have. I am willing to negotiate or do a half sale/half trade for it. I just want it to go to a happy Alice home. :)

Disney made them but for whatever reason they were never released to the public?
As I recall, they were made by a third party - that MicroFrame group or whoever. There was some question of whether they had actually licensed the artwork from Disney or tried to release them without permission, but either way, they were not allowed to be released as they were not licensed by Disney.

I've got one - the White Rabbit's house. It's not in my collection; it's actually just sitting out somewhere because I don't collect unauthorized pins; only official Disney ones.

As I recall, they were made by a third party - that MicroFrame group or whoever. There was some question of whether they had actually licensed the artwork from Disney or tried to release them without permission, but either way, they were not allowed to be released as they were not licensed by Disney.

I've got one - the White Rabbit's house. It's not in my collection; it's actually just sitting out somewhere because I don't collect unauthorized pins; only official Disney ones.

You should let it sit out in my house if you dont collect them lol :D

^ LOL Thanks for the kind offer. :p

Actually I was thinking it would be a fun thing to throw out for an open trade offering at some point. :)

But for now it's on a desk somewhere. LOL

Best of luck with yours, tyleet87!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back