• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood - Princess Hinge release

Status
Not open for further replies.
675 people showed up. I got number 548 but hubby got 30 :)

So how does this work then? Do groups have to split up and stand in line accordingly to their drawn/given number? Is it exact formation like one, two three or more like 1-10 here, 11-20ish there? Do DSF staff call out which number groups enter or is there a mad scramble to jump ahead or behind in line, depending on what your number is? LOL I'm just trying to get a mental visual as to how smoothly this process really works. :)

So, today's cutoff time was 5 am. Everyone in line at 5 am got a wristband. They then figure out how many people were in line. Today it was 675. From there they put vouchers numbered 1-675 into a barrel and the line filters through the streets, alley and esplanade til you get up to the barrel to be handed your voucher by an employee. Once all vouchers are passed out, they have the first 100 start lining up, they walk down from the start and check whose in line, make sure you have your voucher and call out the numbers that aren't in line yet. The Disney Studio Store Hollywood Facebook page posts rules a few days prior to each release with this info :)

Congrats to those who got pins! I woke up at 4:10, and thought "I can either throw on clothes and rush over there and hope to make it before cutoff and maybe still not make it or I can go back to sleep." And then I woke up again at 7. :D From what I've been reading my chances of getting a low enough number where I get my pins and still have made it to work on time were slim, so I'm glad I decided on those extra few hours of sleep.

I did miss getting those waffles, though. I love when they sell waffles as we're waiting in line.

Last edited:
I got there at around 3:15 and got 594 (lol) and my cousin got 365 so we got ourselves a set! (yay!)
Luckily for me, the PTDs flipped so we were able get Hercules and Chef Louis as a bonus I guess...plus a "free PTD" that we gave away to the parking structure across the way haha >__<

I did miss getting those waffles, though. I love when they sell waffles as we're waiting in line.

I have this mental image of someone standing in this outrageously long line, hawking for the concession seller and then telling the person next to them "I'm just here for the waffles, not the pins". :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back