• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood - Stained Glass Villains

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood - Stained Glass Villains
Also off topic, but speaking of make villains, how many people would love a male designer villain set?? Gaston, Hades, Hans, we could have some eye candy going on!

I have been wanting a male DV set ever since the female DV set was released two years ago.

And now we have more than six male villains that could be “designer-izedâ€: Prince Hans,King Candy, Dr. Facilier, Gaston, Hades, Jafar, Captain Hook.

Consider how the last two DC sets featured the same ten princesses that were in the original ten-pin DP set.

Now, the 6 male villains noted above have no direct connection to the 6 female villains released two years ago, but it is not unusual for Disney to give male and female villains the similar exposures:

Pin 80245: Evil Disney Divas PinSet - 6 PC http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=80245
Pin 80402: DisneyStore.com -Villains Boys Club Set http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=80402

The only possible problem I see is that all 4 Designer pin sets had associated Designer dolls and I just do not think “boy dolls†are as profitable to Disney as “girl dolls†are.

I have been wanting a male DV set ever since the female DV set was released two years ago.

And now we have more than six male villains that could be “designer-ized”: Prince Hans,King Candy, Dr. Facilier, Gaston, Hades, Jafar, Captain Hook.

Consider how the last two DC sets featured the same ten princesses that were in the original ten-pin DP set.

Now, the 6 male villains noted above have no direct connection to the 6 female villains released two years ago, but it is not unusual for Disney to give male and female villains the similar exposures:

Pin 80245: Evil Disney Divas PinSet - 6 PC http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=80245
Pin 80402: DisneyStore.com -Villains Boys Club Set http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=80402

The only possible problem I see is that all 4 Designer pin sets had associated Designer dolls and I just do not think “boy dolls” are as profitable to Disney as “girl dolls” are.

Omg, how did I forget Hook!? Hook and Gaston would be total must haves for me. I don't collect WIR, but I think the King Candy one would look super cool. I see what you mean about the dolls, that does make sense. I still can't help but hope they make them regardless! I could use a super studly Hook pin in my life... Maybe they could do the villain and the victim instead of couple pins so a girl is still involved? Like Hook standing over Wendy, Jafar holding Jasmine, etc. I would much prefer stand alones, but I'll take what I can get!

Also we need more designer princesses/ladies! I know people are up in arms for Anna and Elsa to be made, but we could also get some more obscure famous Disney ladies/non-princesses like Kida, Esmerelda, Vanessa, etc. One set was not enough XD

The only way they could sell Designer Villains (guys) dolls/merchandise would be if they made them the Once Upon a Time versions. ;)

Now, a really good set of Rumpelstiltskin, Hook, Jafar (Once Upon a Time in Wonderland), Hans, and maybe Robin Hood and the Knave of Hearts (Wonderland again) - okay the last two are naughty more than villainous, but still - now THOSE might sell. Actually, if they made Designer Once dolls of the female characters especially Snow and Regina (in like 20 different outfits) - now those WOULD sell! A Snow and Charming set might be quite nice as well.

Obscure Disney characters as designer dolls, male villains as designer dolls, and villains as animator dolls are my top Disney dreams! I am dying for a Yzma, Hades, and Meg!

holy moly, ALL of the comments about the Hook release are negative.

People get really defensive with pins huh? Like, jeeze. You'd think they announced they stopped selling pins or something.. Greedy people..

Anyways, I'm not a fan of these pins, but they look lovely :)

holy moly, ALL of the comments about the Hook release are negative.

People get really defensive with pins huh? Like, jeeze. You'd think they announced they stopped selling pins or something.. Greedy people..

Anyways, I'm not a fan of these pins, but they look lovely :)

I find that really funny too since Hook doesn't seem SUPER popular. I know that Neverland is a popular theme and all, but for instance on eBay, I find Hook pins generally go for less than other themes and my Hook traders got very little interest despite being LE 50 and LE 250 pins. I am happy about that now since I have kept them and decided to have my own Hook collection, but still, the anger over the lack of his release is surprising to me.

The only way they could sell Designer Villains (guys) dolls/merchandise would be if they made them the Once Upon a Time versions. ;)

Now, a really good set of Rumpelstiltskin, Hook, Jafar (Once Upon a Time in Wonderland), Hans, and maybe Robin Hood and the Knave of Hearts (Wonderland again) - okay the last two are naughty more than villainous, but still - now THOSE might sell. Actually, if they made Designer Once dolls of the female characters especially Snow and Regina (in like 20 different outfits) - now those WOULD sell! A Snow and Charming set might be quite nice as well.

Oh gosh yes! I am a huge Once fan! And Hook... oh my... Here is my Once/Hook Lanyard! I am a Once completonist (of the pins I know of and minus the buttons I still need) I added a few non-Once decorative pins I thought matched the theme ^_^

IMG_2332_zps7d17bedc.jpg

I find that really funny too since Hook doesn't seem SUPER popular. I know that Neverland is a popular theme and all, but for instance on eBay, I find Hook pins generally go for less than other themes and my Hook traders got very little interest despite being LE 50 and LE 250 pins. I am happy about that now since I have kept them and decided to have my own Hook collection, but still, the anger over the lack of his release is surprising to me.

I can't flip. A whole set for all Da monies if one missing one pin!!!

Oh gosh yes! I am a huge Once fan! And Hook... oh my... Here is my Once/Hook Lanyard! I am a Once completonist (of the pins I know of and minus the buttons I still need) I added a few non-Once decorative pins I thought matched the theme ^_^
Nice! I went back and forth and back and forth about whether I "needed" the Once Wonderland pin for my Wonderland collection. I finally decided I don't "need" it, but if I ever got the chance to trade for it fairly easily, I probably would because the show had potential even if it didn't quite live up to it.

And now we have more than six male villains that could be “designer-ized”: Prince Hans,King Candy, Dr. Facilier, Gaston, Hades, Jafar, Captain Hook.

The only possible problem I see is that all 4 Designer pin sets had associated Designer dolls and I just do not think “boy dolls” are as profitable to Disney as “girl dolls” are.

Designer King Candy... /cries

You know I WOULD buy a doll of him, too... I was always disappointed that when they released all of the Sugar Rush racers as plushies, they didn't include him. He would have been the same size and just as loveable!

I didn't mind not having Hook available. He was my least favorite of the four. And I'd rather have them pull it for QC issues than sell it and have to wait hours more because people were exchanging them out or be stuck with a pin no one wanted because of the quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back