• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Looking for information on an old pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for information on an old pin

Morganrayej

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this pin a while back but it looks older and I don't want to trade it off if it is valuable. I looked online, but did not find any information on it or how much it would be worth. Any ideas? I was told it was from the 1979 International Balloon Festival.
d807d295525b5af601b97783e770da4a.jpg

I would go over to PinTalk.com and try to get Mark Gerner's attention. Or there is also a Vintage Pin Guy http://www.vintagepinguy.com/ his email is listed. But I think Mark, might be better because he knows more about unauthorized stuff.

Even if it was for a Balloon festival it may have been unauthorized (didn't have Disney's permission). Does it have a copyright Walt Disney Productions on the back? (although sometimes they only had the copyright on the card)

I would go over to PinTalk.com and try to get Mark Gerner's attention. Or there is also a Vintage Pin Guy http://www.vintagepinguy.com/ his email is listed. But I think Mark, might be better because he knows more about unauthorized stuff.

Even if it was for a Balloon festival it may have been unauthorized (didn't have Disney's permission). Does it have a copyright Walt Disney Productions on the back? (although sometimes they only had the copyright on the card)

Thank you! There is nothing on the back of the pin as far as "made in" or copyright.

Thank you for that! I will definitely look them up! There was no information on the back as far as "made in" or copyright information.

It has a couple of mars on the front, but the picture makes them look worse than they do in person. When I got it, it was being kept in a bag with a bunch of other random items, so it is definitely not pristine (as you can see).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back