• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

QUESTION Magical Musical Moments series - Tradability?

QUESTION Magical Musical Moments series - Tradability?

stratasfan

No Longer Active
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Quick question! The Magical Musical Moments pins . . . how are they for trading? Are they only desirable if the batteries still work? What's the tradability of one in great shape but no working battery? I've got a Pocahontas one:

But the music doesn't play. Sis traded her B&tB quite a while ago, and I'm now wondering about this one. Any thoughts welcome!

I have two from this series that no longer play music. One I bought new back in the day and one I traded for last fall. They seem to be relatively desirable pins and no one really expects the music to work after 20 some odd years.

I have two from this series that no longer play music. One I bought new back in the day and one I traded for last fall. They seem to be relatively desirable pins and no one really expects the music to work after 20 some odd years.

That's what I wondered. The pin itself is really in perfect shape, just the music doesn't play anymore. But, I wondered what someone who was getting them more recently would be thinking. Thanks!

I'm not familier with these pins, is it a type where someone with tiny tools can replace the battery or are the permanently sealed?

Hmm, perhaps its like a watch and can be opened with the proper tool to get the backing off? If it were me I would bring it to my local watch guy who is a super wiz and ask him if he had any idea how to replace the battery. But thats just me, the pins still look great even without sound though

They are completely sealed with no rims or anything to remove. There are folks who've figured out how to "fix" them, but it does require "damaging" the reciptacle a bit. They work again, and I doubt anyone would mind, but just saying doing so does technically change the pin from however it was when released.

Reactions: Ajk