• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

QUESTION Magical Musical Moments series - Tradability?

QUESTION Magical Musical Moments series - Tradability?

stratasfan

No Longer Active
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Quick question! The Magical Musical Moments pins . . . how are they for trading? Are they only desirable if the batteries still work? What's the tradability of one in great shape but no working battery? I've got a Pocahontas one:

thumb130_202208272674.jpg

But the music doesn't play. Sis traded her B&tB quite a while ago, and I'm now wondering about this one. Any thoughts welcome! :)

I have two from this series that no longer play music. One I bought new back in the day and one I traded for last fall. They seem to be relatively desirable pins and no one really expects the music to work after 20 some odd years.

I have two from this series that no longer play music. One I bought new back in the day and one I traded for last fall. They seem to be relatively desirable pins and no one really expects the music to work after 20 some odd years.

That's what I wondered. The pin itself is really in perfect shape, just the music doesn't play anymore. But, I wondered what someone who was getting them more recently would be thinking. Thanks!

I'm not familier with these pins, is it a type where someone with tiny tools can replace the battery or are the permanently sealed?

Hmm, perhaps its like a watch and can be opened with the proper tool to get the backing off? If it were me I would bring it to my local watch guy who is a super wiz and ask him if he had any idea how to replace the battery. But thats just me, the pins still look great even without sound though :)

Hmm, perhaps its like a watch and can be opened with the proper tool to get the backing off? If it were me I would bring it to my local watch guy who is a super wiz and ask him if he had any idea how to replace the battery. But thats just me, the pins still look great even without sound though :)
They are completely sealed with no rims or anything to remove. There are folks who've figured out how to "fix" them, but it does require "damaging" the reciptacle a bit. They work again, and I doubt anyone would mind, but just saying doing so does technically change the pin from however it was when released.

Reactions: Ajk
Back