• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My DREAM experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DREAM experience

Spiffie

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
My family and I spend 5 days on the Dream this past week and 3 days in the parks We got home last night after a 10 hour drive in bumper to bumper traffic. We are exhausted!

We had a great time. The DREAM is a very nice ship. It sailed at full capicity but the only time we really knew that was on sea day. The ship at a PTN on our 2nd night. So, not really knowing what to expect, I arrive early with my "safe on wheels" which hold a few pin trading binders and two smaller trading books. They had a board set up where you could trade 2 for 2. I ended up with 2 AP pins, my husband ended up with 2 AP pins, also. My kids ended up with some cast exclusives and were very happy. After my turn at the board, I sat down and opened my books. I was immediately SWARMED by people wanting to look and trade. The CM at the board said I took all of her customers!:lol: I traded with about 20 people and I think I may have gotten ONE scrapper from a child - but I will check it out later after I am rested. When PTN was over, I stayed for a while and talked to a lot of adults who just wanted to chat about some of the pins I have because some of them are old (my keepers) and some people were just curious about what I had. It was pleasant. The CMs all came over and talked to me. They asked about my collection and my traders. They told me that several of them collected pins too. I managed to find pins in my collections for each of them to keep. They seemed genuinely surprised that I would "give" them something because they weren't giving me anything in return. I was touched by many of their stories. Some of them won't see their families for 7 months while they work! I can't imagine!

The last night of our cruise, I was walking thru the gift shop area, and one of the CMs called me over. She said, stay right here until I get back. I did. She and a manager and a few other CMs came back. I thought maybe they were going to ask me about some pins (I always wear my cross body pin bag). But, they came over with a board of about 10 pins and said that because I had made PTN so special for everyone, they wanted to do something special for me. The let me choose a pin off the board. It was the PP pin #76971. I thought that was very nice of them to do something special for me.

Also, while on the ship, I was able to get all of the Orange Bird HM set, and the DeeBee HM set. I started the "D" HM set but did not complete it.

I went to PTN at the Contemporary on 3-18 and it was okay. My kids had a blast trading vinyls and that was worth it all to me!

Well, thanks for letting me ramble!

Have a great day!

That sounds like so much fun!!!! And I can't believe they gave you the PP of that Figment pin! It is an le60!

So glad you enjoyed the trip and made the PTN so much for for everyone! :)

That is awesome. I am sure you had a blast. That was so sweet of you to give the cm's pins. I have always loved chatting with the workers (never been on Disney so I won't say cm lol) on cruise ships. They are always so nice and have great stories to tell. I am sure you made their day.

and what an AWESOME pin you got from them. Wow, I'll bet you were quite thrilled with that one. You deserved it.

I want to take a Disney cruise more and more all the time.

Wow, that is really neat. I had no idea they did PTNs on the cruises, is that something they do on every cruise?

This was the first cruise I have seen a board out. And the pins were NICE! ALL of the gift shop workers wore lanyards. And if you are looking for something specific, they will tell you which CM might have it! We pulled APs of pin # 77001, pin #47149 Hong Kong Version, and pin #81345

it sounds like you and your family had a wonderful vacation,we've been thinking about a disney cruise for awhile.its nice to know you and your family had a wonderful experience,it makes me want to go one one even more.

So glad you had such a great time and WOW, you got some awesome pins! We are really considering a Disney cruise the week of Halloween. Do you know if all ships do a PTN?

Next time will you let me hide in your luggage? It sounds like so much fun and I'm dying to go on a cruise. You got some VERY awesome pins on that cruise. Hope they have some nice ones when I finally get to go on one.

Sounds like you had a great time. I also had no idea that they had PTN aboard the ship. I have never been on a Disney cruise, we usually sail with RCCL. How was the food onboard?

Sounds like you had a great time. I also had no idea that they had PTN aboard the ship. I have never been on a Disney cruise, we usually sail with RCCL. How was the food onboard?

Let me just say that I won't eat that doesn't taste good. If I taste something I don't like, I won't finish it. MY PLATE WAS CLEAN EVERY NIGHT!! The breakfast buffets were the same at both breakfast restaurants, but lunch buffet was best at Cabanas. Also, their quick service had pizza (some of the best), wraps, burgers, fries, salad, fruit and ice cream. I am pretty sure my son ate his weight in ice cream. We are trying to decide between booking the Dream again or the Fantasy next year!

Oh, I love this story. Though I don't believe in the law of Karma, I do believe that people will notice when you are nice to others. I am so glad you had fun!

How wonderful for you! I don't know about karma, but it definitely sounds like you started a pay it forward with a bit coming back at you! Who knows what all those people at the PTN will do now that they met you!

We have been considering taking the Dream now that we have a little one, but I think we need to wait 1-2 more years for him to really enjoy it more. I'm glad to hear that the food is good. There is nothing worse than being stuck on a ship for a week with mediocre food.

Thanks for sharing!!!!! So glad that you had a great trip :) I am so so so happy to hear that they are putting out a trading board and it was fantastic that
you traded and had so many people and CM's interested!!!! That is what it is all about and you deserve it :)

You can't go wrong on the new Disney Dream, it is AMAZING!!!!! The food was perfect when we were on. The CM's are still getting used to their new home, but all in all we are getting great reviews.

Thanks again for the posts, it was really nice to read :)

Dana
cruisepl@att.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back