• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My Peter Pan Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Peter Pan Pins

SoraPandora

Figaro Fan
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I've only been collecting Peter Pan pins for a little over a month now, so my collection is pretty small and unimpressive, but I thought I'd share it anyway, because I love it. :)

peterpan-1.jpg

"Peter Pan" will always hold a very special place in my heart, for about a hundred different reasons.

• Scoff all you want: I really do believe in faeries.
  • The original book by J.M. Barrie is one of my favorite reads, even now.
  • The Disney movie "Peter Pan" was one of my favorites growing up.
  • I also immensely enjoyed the sequel "Return to Neverland."
  • If I had to choose the one Disney character I most relate to, it would probably be Wendy. I love telling stories, I have a habit of falling in love with silly boys, and I'm frightened of growing up myself.
  • I remember as a small girl, I had a "Sing-Along Songs" VHS tape with "Never Smile at a Crocodile" on it - My mother and I would sing it over and over! I also had a wooden Tic-Toc marionette puppet. (Tic-Toc ROCKS!)
  • Ten years ago, when the new live-action "Peter Pan" movie got released (non-Disney), I went to see it in theaters about five times, I loved it so much.
  • One of the very last things my father gave me before he died was a porcelain Tinker Bell figurine from Disneyland. She has since broken (damn my cursed clumsiness!) but I glued her together, and I'll treasure her forever.... and I'll keep glueing her together, even if she breaks again and again and again.
  • And so on, and so on, and so on...

P.S. If anyone has any of the following pins for trade or sale, I'd be very interested in getting them for my collection.

pin60233th72

(I'm also interested in any pins featuring a larger Captain Hook or Tic-Toc the crocodile.)​

P.P.S. I'll update this thread with more pictures later, when I have more Peter Pan pins!

Last edited:
Very nice collection! I really love the way you framed them! I plan to do that sometime in the future as well! :)

I like it! I especially love how Chip & Dale are looking up at everyone flying over them. :) (I have something similar on my Wonderland board with the White Rabbit eyeing the Cheshire Cat warily.) :)

Really cute collection! I am working on a little Peter Pan collection myself. I have a tic toc and that really cute clock face hidden mickey pin. I love that one! I really like the pins you've gotten so far, can't wait to see what else you add to it. There are so many Peter Pan pins out there!

I also love your frame. Did you get a regular cork backing and then frame it? Or did your corkboard come with that beautiful frame? I really want to get some of my favorite pins on a corkboard so I'd love to know what you did. It looks great!

Thank you very much for the compliment, HiddenMickeys!

I actually posted a thread on here a few weeks ago when I put together my first frame, with pictures and DIY framing instructions.

You can find that post here.

I think my frame and display looks pretty good, considering it only cost about $20 to put together! In the pictures, you can see a lot of holes in the foam from where I've changed the arrangement around, but they're not noticeable at all in person.

P.S. I love my clock face Peter Pan pin too!

Awesome design. I just wish it were a little bit larger so you could see the silhouettes better!

KGrHqZpgE9eOFM7EBPdHh260_35.jpg

Totally agree with you! It almost seems a little pointless for them to have the silhouettes if you can't see them. It's still a great pin though, I love it!

Can't wait until you get more Lost Boys pins, they'll look great on that board with your collection! Good luck!

I really like that Big Ben clock pin!! I have a collection of Pan Pins too! It's not so big, but I love them. And that non-disney live action film is GREAT!! The soundtrack is wonderful. I even saw a tv ad for Disney parks that used music from that!

Sara! Your display is amazing!! I love the reasons you have behind Peter Pan. I do not scoff at all and I do believe in fairies and I do have fairies statues, pictures, cards etc around my house. I love the HM Clock pin!! I just added it to my wants list!! I love it and I do agree it was a bit bigger too!!

I am so glad to see my C/D as the Lost Boys in such a good loving caring home. [=

Thank you for sharing and I look forward to seeing your collection grow as time goes on.

I hope you are doing well by the way!

Marcia

Peter Pan is one of my favourites and I love the circular pins with the clock face. Gorgeous!

I also stole your framing idea for my own pins... Works like a charm. When I've added a few more that I'm looking for, I'll be posting my own updated photos in my Jules Verne collection thread. Thank you for the good idea!

I keep comming back 2 look at your pins because I think they are awesome! You make em want 2 collect Peter Pan! lol! and i'm showing everyone in my family... they all love it ;)

Awww, thank you mojo.

I think I may have made a mistake framing them all prematurely, though. Now every time I look at my wall I can't stop staring at the blank spaces, thinking "NEED MORE LOST BOYS. NEED MORE WENDY. NEED MORE PETER. NEED A BIGGER HOOK."

:)

Shannon - Sorry - I'm just not crazy about your Captain Hook. I'm oddly particular about my pins. I prefer full-body solo character pins to anything else, so I often pass up pins that are pictures of scenes or faces... although I do occasionally make an exception if I really love a pin.

Danielle - Thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back