• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Need advice on a high value trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need advice on a high value trade

kawaiipintrader

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi!

just seeking some advice on what to do. On wednesday someone on pinpics contacted me on a pretty high end trade. She wanted my Pocahontas Beloved tales and offered to trade her sleeping beauty. We exchanged information and agreed to mail out the pins the next morning. I sent it out and emailed tracking. She has yet to respond to any of my emails inquiring if she even sent out the pin or not.
im not even sure at this point what i should do because if she really did scam me, im super freaking bummed :'(

Thoughts??

If it was this Wednesday (two days ago), maybe wait a few more days? Something may have come up in real life to prevent her from responding right now.

I'm hoping that's the case rather than you getting scammed. I'm sending good luck vibes your way.

i hope so too. i looked up her email on dizpins and saw she had a few successful trades all throughout 2013 so i figured it was safe.
*sighhhh*

Whenever doing high value trades I will always recommend using a third party as a go between. This eliminates the risk for both parties as both will ship their pins to a specified person and after they are inspected they are sent on to the other person. When pins are selling for hundreds of dollars it just isn't safe to trust complete strangers based on what they can say via email or PMs here or facebook. There are a ton of shady people that take advantage of others kindness and or naivety.

I hope that this works out for you but if it doesn't I would love to know the name if the trader that did this. This community needs to share this kind of information so others can avoid it. For whatever reason the mods here frown onpublicly sharing this information but it does a disservice to the entire hobby by keeping it quiet.

I will be crossing fingers and thinking happy thoughts for you. In the future please consider a middle man, David/Docfish2u is my guy and is a long time and well known memeber here that is always willing to help.

So sorry this is going....sending big hugs as well :)

Agree with Molly, but if you can't go through a mod, you need to get signature confirmation when dealing with a high end trades, tracking alone won't be that useful.

Best of luck with your trade!

I've traded with a few people that never send me a message about shipping something, and one day I just got their package. Maybe that's the case for you. If they have a number of feedbacks on Dizpins, I wouldn't be too worried yet. I do hope this will be a successful trade for you! :)

Oh gosh, I hope you get your pin and haven't been scammed! Maybe she has been a bit busy and did not have the time to post yet? As sometimes of know when trading things pop up for me and it takes a couple extra days for me to post out the pin! I hope this is the case for you too xx

i will definitely take that advice for future high end trades. I contacted this person today on her account on here since i saw she has been active the past few days with posts. So hopefully something good will come out of that. Otherwise i have no issue with putting her name on blast and ruining her reputation.

i will definitely take that advice for future high end trades. I contacted this person today on her account on here since i saw she has been active the past few days with posts. So hopefully something good will come out of that. Otherwise i have no issue with putting her name on blast and ruining her reputation.

you might not want to hear this but I'm pretty sure you got scammed by the trader. I had bad luck sending a up beloved tales to someone who gave me a fake tracking number

Did you trade with this trader messages via Pinpics' messaging sysrem? If yes, do you still have access to those messages?
As PP gives a blank screen when a message is sent, it is a wise precaution to take creen shots and save them.

Also, is your trading partner also a DPF member?

I've traded with several people who never responded to my emails and their pins still appeared in the mail one day. I makes me a little crazy but hopefully, that's what's going on with your trade as well.

I hope everything works out ,I can also help with third party trades too,pm me I would like to know who it is ,but I think you should give it a few more days though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back