• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Need help with a Halloween Tink pin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need help with a Halloween Tink pin!

JAllenWood

Pond. Amy Pond.
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Picked up this relatively HTF Tink pin on the 'bay from a seller with a pretty good track record of selling legit pins:

DSC00444.jpg

Can you spot the problem?

DSC00445.jpg

Either she has been running into trees, or we have a color error here. Which starts the ol' worrying of if I've got a scrapper, a fake, or just a pin with an error. So I start looking it over and found a few issues that I wanted to compare with examples that anyone may have in their collection.

One thing is the rough, brush-stroke finish. Tried to capture it at an angle to the light (hope is shows up okay in these two shots):
DSC00447.jpg
DSC00446.jpg

Also, for those of you who have this pin, is the wire used for the jack-o-lantern dangle glued to the back like in this pic:
DSC00448.jpg

And for final comparison, here is what's on the back of the pin plus the post:
DSC00454.jpg

If this were a lesser pin, I wouldn't worry too terribly much. But this one is hard to find, and when you do it's not cheap. Any help any of you could give me is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks! :)

Jesse, with the exception of the black-eye, your pin matches mine. Yes, the wires at the back of the pumpkin are glued down. Congrats, ya' got a HTF one. :rock:

I was wondering about the brush strokes too, but had to keep in mind that this was a rack pin. I have seen official pins with less than glossy finishes before. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back