• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Disney Store Doll Releases For 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Disney Store Doll Releases For 2012
The new Jasmine, Ariel and Belle are stunning! Getting them for sure :)

I do not like! resemble those of mattel, with horrible dresses. The only good thing is that articulated feet added.:shock::shock:

Just wanted to let any of you UK people know that the Brave items have now arrived on out Disney Store website !!!! :eek:) ....

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/disney...ll_Shopping&Ntt=brave&D=brave&Dr=pPublished:1

THANK YOU for the link! ^_^ Bit steep, £15 for Merida when the US one is cheaper with exchange rates.... but again, that's UK pricing... glad it's not £40 for the Merida and Angus set though! Hopefully these will be in stores tomorrow... :) I can dream. :p Now all we have to do is wait for the Elinor doll! She looks lovely from the photos I have seen... :)

Okay, so today has been a great day for new dolls/Brave UK items! :) Here's my opinion on my 4 girls, and a few that I just had to voice my opinion about LOL...

Snow White

I absolutely adore her new face! :) Much softer and true to the character. The bow doesn't look too bad on the side of her head, but her bangs look a little floppy to me... kind of like 'wings' on the sides of her face. I'm also glad all the weird random jewels are gone (on all of the dolls) too! I think the collar on this version of Snow looks better, but I don't really like the skirt of the dress... it's like a trumpet skirt haha! :p LOVE the new addition of articulated feet on all the dolls (which was pretty much confirmed after we saw Merida with articulated feet). Hating all the glitter still swamping Snow's and the other dolls skirts, though.

Aurora

As Shiva said, they kind of spoiled her bangs... 'kind of' is a lot. The curl! :( At least I have fond memories of seeing Aurora with a healthy looking face/head and that lovely curl... in my opinion though, Aurora's face almost always looks too slim. I do see it was slim in the film, but it always bothers me.

Ariel

Hey, Ariel actually looks like Ariel again! :) Don't know about the major curls on the tips of her hair, and they STILL can't get h̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶s̶e her bangs right, but I guess that can easily be fixed with some hair product :) Love how the new seashell bra she is wearing actually looks like the one from the movie, and her tail is great! :) Besides the glitter, but I think with this Ariel doll, I do not mind glitter as much.

Belle

She looks normal in terms of her face! :) Not scared to death like the last paint.... Now, I am one of the people who likes Belle's new hair... especially when compared to the rather odd large bun on the last doll! The bun on this doll is a lot less noticeable... and this Belle has gloves... yay! :) I still wish they would make Belle in her peasant dress more often, I think it suits her personality a lot more.

JASMINE

Now, I am usually a very hard person to please when it comes to Jasmine dolls. I hated the face paint before the current version, as I thought it was not a likeness at all, and did not show off her feisty attitude. The current face paint I actually like quite a lot, as it makes Jasmine look very beautiful and mature. THIS face paint, I LOVE! I think it is the perfect distance between the last two paints, and makes her look young and sweet, yet still with an attitude. :) Maybe the lips are a little TOO pink for me, but again that is easily fixable! :)
I like the fact that they have added a veil part to her pants, after all you can only buy the same doll in the same outfit so many times, especially when the outfit is as simple as Jasmine's! :) Too much glitter still, though. Like that they kept the style of her shoes, and also the new jewelry is great! :) Finally they replaced the cheap fabric necklace with an actual necklace that matches the material the earrings are made of... I had to substitute the fabric necklace with an older Mattel necklace from one of my older Jasmine dolls, it annoyed me so much! They did a good job with the bangs, they look fuller than the current doll's bangs, although that could just be due to the perfection of the stock photo... NOBODY knows how glad I am that they didn't put include that stupid loose hair on the doll from the clip art! All in all, I love this version of her! Bravo, Disney! :)

Mulan

Boo! This Mulan does the character NO justice whatsoever... same awful sparkly kimono (although less full than the tulle nightmare, thank goodness!), and weird hair that I just can't get over. Thank goodness I have the old Mattel dolls, or else I'd think we were goners! She almost doesn't look like herself at all anymore! And on a side note, why do they keep making the crossover collar red, I am certain it is meant to be purple...! Also, a part of her skirt disappears every time... there is supposed to be another layer to her skirt, right? It is red.... I'm thinking this is another Princess I wish they'd release in another fashion, like I mentioned with Belle in her peasant dress... I also wish they'd bring her iconic flower hair accessory back! I had one as a child, it was my favourite thing in the world haha! :) Okay, that's my biggest vent over, phew!

Rapunzel

Pleased about the sleeves, thank goodness they're back! :) NOT pleased about almost everything else... the skirt resembles the cheap looking shape of Snow's skirt, and the bodice is FAR too dark... her eyes are too small also, as members before me have mentioned. I just generally do not like this doll, but I like the freckles have faded a significant amount... :) Never thought I'd say this, but I'd better pick up a tulle skirt version while I have the chance! Definitely getting a park version when I hit DLR in the summer...

And that's me done, sorry for all the ranting, guys! There are a lot of things I do like about these dolls though, and overall I think they are an improvement upon the tulle skirt 2011 dolls. I look forward to reading the rest of your thoughts on these dolls! :) Can't wait for their release so I can see them in person! ^_^

p.s. If Poci is barefoot, then why isn't Rapunzel? :dunno:
p.p.s. Does this mean new fashion packs and Prince dolls, too? ^_^

Last edited:
All of the brave merchandise was in stores today, as well as the Jasmine plush doll. For the Brave they had the plush doll, normal doll and the set with the horse. In plush they had both the small and little Bear cubs and Angus. They also had the toddler doll and dress up sets/accessories. The one thing I was disappointed with was that the figure set is smaller than the one in America (they cut out all of the Scottish Lords). Guess I'll have to try and see if I can get that at some point from elsewhere than The Disney Store.

I didn't see the new dolls though, and most of them look great. The Cinderella, Jasmine and Ariel all look fantastic. I actually really like that Mulan. She looks much nicer than the last one. I'm not sure on the shorter dresses for Snow White and Rapunzel. I think they'd look better if they weren't so pointed at the bottom. The new heads are all fantastic though.

All of the brave merchandise was in stores today, as well as the Jasmine plush doll. For the Brave they had the plush doll, normal doll and the set with the horse. In plush they had both the small and little Bear cubs and Angus. They also had the toddler doll and dress up sets/accessories. The one thing I was disappointed with was that the figure set is smaller than the one in America (they cut out all of the Scottish Lords). Guess I'll have to try and see if I can get that at some point from elsewhere than The Disney Store.

I didn't see the new dolls though, and most of them look great. The Cinderella, Jasmine and Ariel all look fantastic. I actually really like that Mulan. She looks much nicer than the last one. I'm not sure on the shorter dresses for Snow White and Rapunzel. I think they'd look better if they weren't so pointed at the bottom. The new heads are all fantastic though.

Aaaaaah! Thank you for confirming it's in stores- leaving RIGHT NOW for a spending spree! ;) Thank you MegFan!!! :) :) :)

p.s. If Poci is barefoot, then why isn't Rapunzel? :dunno:

Is the SAME thing i think when i notice that!!!

Why??? :lurk: ... :down:

The shoes and the cheap dress are really UGLY on rapunzel.. :(

And yes, like all of you said before.. she don't have "TOO HUGE" eyes.. but her face is sweet and "natural" en fact... the old doll is great too but when i see her i think "she look strange and..fake". This one have a really nordic-europe look for me.. perfect for rapunzel. I will get her...

When she will be mine.. i will dress her with the most pretty dress of all (for me): the simple
emerald green dress from the boutique ...
Will fit perfectly with her eyes...
:love:

Proud for Jasmine and Snow white.. the best three for me are Rapunzel,Snow white and Jas. Ariel too.. but NOT with that hair >____< where is her CURL????? :(

---

p.s.: A little special hug to
Shiva and Moon :) :hug:

Last edited:
Random update for UK people (and I don't know how long it's been like this), but Ariel and Eric are randomly on sale (25% off), does this mean they are going on clearance? :) To make way for something else perhaps....? ;)

p.s. @Rose_Valentine I totally agree with everything you just said! :) I think I am starting to like Punzy's new mould and face paint! ;) Of course, I love Jasmine the best though ;) Good luck on getting Rapunzel, looks to me like you're a huge fan! :)

Random update for UK people (and I don't know how long it's been like this), but Ariel and Eric are randomly on sale (25% off), does this mean they are going on clearance? :) To make way for something else perhaps....? ;)

p.s. @Rose_Valentine I totally agree with everything you just said! :) I think I am starting to like Punzy's new mould and face paint! ;) Of course, I love Jasmine the best though ;) Good luck on getting Rapunzel, looks to me like you're a huge fan! :)

Not a BIG BIG fan but i really like her for her hair,green eyes,freakles and for the fact she is an ARTIST. Obviously i love the dolls disney produce.. and i am 100% sure about her nordic look and sweet face :) ... Jasmine and Snow white are the most similar :) And yes i can't wait for dress her with the green dress!!

Hello everyone just saying let's not be to harsh on the new dolls. true they don't look as great as when they first come out or pre 2008
But hey at least they did something new unlike the disney parks.. which they have the same look dolls for over a year now

BTW Merida is soo cute as a toddler how did i miss that.

I love the Pocahontas and Belle, but was dissapointed with Aurora, and Ariel's face Sculpt, but her outfit has improved from the 2011 version.

My nearest Disney store had a great Brave display :eek:) ... but no Angus & Merida set (boohooo I wanted that set the most) :eek:(

547884_369720653087446_1397426289_n.jpg

Last edited:
Not a BIG BIG fan but i really like her for her hair,green eyes,freakles and for the fact she is an ARTIST. Obviously i love the dolls disney produce.. and i am 100% sure about her nordic look and sweet face :) ... Jasmine and Snow white are the most similar :) And yes i can't wait for dress her with the green dress!!

I like that she's an artist, too! :) Yes, her face is much more sweet on this doll than the last, she reminded me of Luna Lovegood (from Harry Potter), if you know who I'm talking about LOL! :) I like the green dress from the boutique set, it's lovely! :) Snow White and Jas do have the same similar sweet look about them though! ^_^ Love that the dolls aren't looking harsh anymore! :)

I heard that UK Disney Stores will be doing 20% off this weekend for the Jubilee. I'm not 100% sure though but it might be worth waiting til tomorrow if you're planning on buying any of the new Brave stuff :)

I like that she's an artist, too! :) Yes, her face is much more sweet on this doll than the last, she reminded me of Luna Lovegood (from Harry Potter), if you know who I'm talking about LOL! :) I like the green dress from the boutique set, it's lovely! :) Snow White and Jas do have the same similar sweet look about them though! ^_^ Love that the dolls aren't looking harsh anymore! :)

I agree with you for the question "they dont look more harsh" ... these 3 are NATURAL and KIND. I know Luna Lovegood (she is my fave from harry potter..at least i dont like HP too much) .. Oh gosh i really cant wait!! I want her now!!! >_____< :cry:

No problem :) I was also told that they should be getting the Queen Elinor doll and other stuff later in the month (the 23rd I think).
I was told a similar thing over here in the US. A CM at my local Disney Store said the full sized Queen Elinor transforming doll set will come out when the movie premieres, which is June 22 here in the US. The link I posted before to an image of the doll seems to be broken, so here is a link to the original post on tumbler: ELINOR TRANSFORMING DOLL OH GOD HER FACE IS PERFECT!!!!

Here's the photo itself:

0f163f00909b11e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7.jpg

Last edited:
Limited Edition Brave Princess Merida Figure - Unboxed

I got my Disney Limited Edition Brave Princess Merida Figure yesterday. It is a large resin figure of Merida at the ready with her bow and arrow. She is crouching, in her dark blue-green adventure dress, her black cloak, and flowing red-orange hair. The dimensions are 14'' H x 12'' W x 13'' D and weighs in at a hefty 6 pounds 9 ounces. It came in a huge box that has very nice decorations inside and out.

I photographed the figure being unboxed, then posed from various angles, finally in a comparison with the Disney Classic Brave Merida 11'' doll.

Limited Edition Brave Princess Merida Figure - Unboxed - On Top of Box by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition Brave Princess Merida Figure - Unboxed - Full Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition Brave Princess Merida Figure vs Classic Brave Merida 11'' Doll - Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back