• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR New Pin Game at DLR

DLR New Pin Game at DLR

timeerkat

Your Friend Who Likes To Play
Rating - 100%
351   0   0
I went to the Launch Bay today to go to the AP corner, and in the back area there is now a pin game. You start by spinning a dial to see what tier you can trade in (tier 1, 2, or 3, with 3 being the best), and then you play another game where you try and roll a ball across two metal poles; the farther along you can roll it the more tries you have to pick a pin to trade. Apparently tier 3 is limited edition pins!

I made it to tier 2, and got the ball to the 2 tries spot. Then, when it was my turn to trade, the cast member had me pick a random pin from a tin. I didn't like the two pins I picked out (one was a Chernabog watch HM, and I forget the other one but it was also a recent HM), so the cast member let me do one more pick (the Mickey trophy HM). I didn't have a ton of traders on me so I passed on that one too, since I didn't like it as much as the traders I had. Since I didn't do any trades from the tin, I was able to do one trade from a big trading board that was on the table. A lot of it was the usual uninteresting fodder, but there were a couple newer HMs. I found and traded for the new Gadget's Go Coaster ride sign HM, which I really wanted for my Rescue Rangers collection.

I don't know all the specifics, though I was taking with the people around me and it seems as if the game has been there for a few weeks at least. The man in front of me who told me what the line was for said that the game was run Friday through Sunday, though I don't know if that is for sure. I'm also not sure on the timing for the game (what time it opens and what time it closes) or how long it's going to be there. But if you'll be in the parks in the near future it might be worth it to check out. (Also bring LE pins in case you get to tier 3 - I overheard them asking tier 3 people if they had LE traders, which means the tier 3 board is probably an LE for LE board.)

I had the chance to roll some dice to pick which blind trade I could make. I rolled the highest which allowed me to trade for an LE. I had a choice of two covered boxes. I picked one and underneath it was a Solo pin - don't know whether it was an LR rather than an LE - but think it was one of the ones that had been on 2-for-1 sale for months around the movie's release. Honestly I'd've skipped even trading for that off of a lanyard or regular board, so I was disappointed and passed on the trade as I didn't want to give up any LE I had for that (you had to trade an LE for this game). I don't plan to bother to walk all the way back there again for something like that. My friend played, too, and she got to trade for a previous wave HM that was the only okay thing on their non-LE board. She'd've walked away from that board without trading too if I hadn't pointed out the hidden mickey.

Back