• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

No more park releases sold at DTD in CA

Pin Central at Epcot is moving as part of the park overhaul that's coming. The Starbucks, Club Cool, Character M&G area, etc. behind Spaceship Earth is all getting removed.

Does it have something to do with parking or construction in the area? Are they trying to reduce crowds in that area?

Not a local, I just wondered that as that is the reasoning for moving the pins from
Pin Central in Epcot to the camera store.

Welp, I guess it's official now. It'll be interesting to see how this impacts both attendance in the parks and the sales of pins this summer (and the rest of the year). I can't imagine it'll have much of an impact on AP purchases and I expect that most pin purchasers already have one (the only question is which one and whether they're blacked out).

Although, since Disney is forcing pin collectors to enter the parks to purchase LE pins, perhaps this might be a good time to consider bringing back the shoppers pass (especially for those whose APs are blacked out)?

6abe34f793399011933ad7e15b005877.jpg

7:23AM on a Thursday and DTD pin traders is closed....so weird to see....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In those cases within the 30 day return period it should be fine to return.
But, as ItzaPinfan has mentioned there's some people that buy and return A Lot of pins at 1 time. Hopefully not often, but seeing the transaction makes me wonder why did they buy so many? I know it's easy to get carried away, but still hard to watch.:(

True resellers would have APs or there's no profit. Agreed, it does hit the non APers hardest. Hopefully they'll be able to find help.
As far as Disney making sense or an official statement-that would make too much sense. I've learned through the years, Disney doesn't make statements regarding pins. Things just happen! Pin trading tables and areas is an example, of how Disney announces, they just go away.(meaning the official locations, traders have unofficially been able to find locations and not be asked to move ) .....:(
Yeah, I was told when they removed those pin trading tables by pin traders that they would be coming back. Still waiting 10 or so years later. I can dream, though, that will be responsible and announce changes. I haven't been for 2 weeks, so maybe this policy has been reversed and I don't even know it!

This is not an official announcement-just observing what's happening and what confused cast members are saying. I still wish Disney would officially announce it, if the intent is it to be a permanent change (can always change later...) I wish they'd give the real reason why too, but that would most likely never happen. It's just such a bummer for many. For me it's not the AP--have Signature-- but the hassle and the walking involved. It's more of a burden for people with disabilities. Why? Just can't think of a good enough reason to do this.

This is not an official announcement-just observing what's happening and what confused cast members are saying. I still wish Disney would officially announce it, if the intent is it to be a permanent change (can always change later...) I wish they'd give the real reason why too, but that would most likely never happen. It's just such a bummer for many. For me it's not the AP--have Signature-- but the hassle and the walking involved. It's more of a burden for people with disabilities. Why? Just can't think of a good enough reason to do this.
Sorry I should have clarified it's not a Disney statement, but we were all trying to figure out if the talk was true or not, regarding no new.LE releases at DTD PT.
It'was a surprise to most of us, and were trying to confirm.
An advisement/explanation would be nice, but it seems corporate hasn't done anything but post pin trading or anniversary events lately. Ever since Disney removed the monthly pin release posts and the older hidden Mickey lists, they haven't been helpful in keeping the pin community informed, and doesn't seem they will. We've been relying on Disney Pin Blog (not Disney) and other sources for updates.
But there's always hope!:stitch:

Pins are available, but no glass display case of what's available, use to be on the left inside wall.
CM advised it's short notice and they're not sure what's happening, but glad they have NEW LE pins!:stitch:

Back