• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Options for selling pins?

Options for selling pins?

ParisNut75

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My aunt, who passed away in January, was a big Disney fan and an annual pass holder for Disneyland. As we've been going through her belongings we've discovered bins upon bins of pins going back to the early 2000's. We love Disneyland but have never been able to get into pin trading and live in Northern CA so don't have much use for them all. We'll plan on going through them as a family to see which ones we want, but what can we do with the rest? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!

I am sure there is a trader or two who would love to have them. People sell old collections they no longer want all the time.

A few ideas to aid you:
1) There is a trading group that pre-pandemic met regularly in northern CA. If they ever meet again you might be able to attend the event (not sure if it is a closed or open group) and gain some advice from those traders. (I have not attended any of these, just know they happen periodically.)
2) There is selling on Instagram, eBay or Facebook.
3) Find a Disney collectible store. For example, there is 'My D Pins' a mile from Disneyland... pretty sure they buy pin collections and they would give you a fair price, but probably not the best price (since they are a middle man.) I would think there might be a Disney collectible store in Northern CA, but my knowledge only extends so far on these types of stores.

There are a few Northern CA traders on DPF hopefully they are able weigh in on suggestions that are closer to you geographically.

Good luck.

I am a member in Northern California who buys collections(not for resale just for personal trading) and would love to take a look after your family looks through.

I am very sorry for your loss as well.

I am sure there is a trader or two who would love to have them. People sell old collections they no longer want all the time.

A few ideas to aid you:
1) There is a trading group that pre-pandemic met regularly in northern CA. If they ever meet again you might be able to attend the event (not sure if it is a closed or open group) and gain some advice from those traders. (I have not attended any of these, just know they happen periodically.)
2) There is selling on Instagram, eBay or Facebook.
3) Find a Disney collectible store. For example, there is 'My D Pins' a mile from Disneyland... pretty sure they buy pin collections and they would give you a fair price, but probably not the best price (since they are a middle man.) I would think there might be a Disney collectible store in Northern CA, but my knowledge only extends so far on these types of stores.

There are a few Northern CA traders on DPF hopefully they are able weigh in on suggestions that are closer to you geographically.

Good luck.
The pin trading event used to meet in Fremont at Bronco Billy’s Pizza.
It was on Saturdays. About once every two-three months. They have not posted about a pin trading day in a while (I think the last one was last year in April, although I am not sure if it was canceled). I believe there is another group that meets in the Sacramento area.

If you want to take pictures of pins, we can help you identify them too.

As a note: don't put more than 5 pins in one picture and take the pictures in natural daylight. The pictures should be close up too.

If you see this small older pin (likely yellowing with age at this point), please let me know as I'd be interested in buying it! :)

• Pin# 14631
    Walt with Characters

Back