• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Oswald Expressions HM Fakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oswald Expressions HM Fakes

Runningrev

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've been trying to collect all 6 of the HM Oswald Expressions series from last year, and realized most of the ones I've gotten may be fakes/scrappers. I traded for the purple one at WDW, and bought the other three on eBay. The purple didn't raise any suspicions, but the green looks like a scrapper bc of the green streak along his brow, and the pink because of the puckering around the HM. The chaser looks fine, but the fact that it has a different style of prongs (cones as opposed to nubs) makes me wonder about all of them. So what do you think--are they fakes? Thanks for your help.

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3510.jpg

I do not have these pins and I a not an expert but judging by the pictures I would say the Chaser might be real the two on the right you can see the 2 of 5 is off the 2 on the top one is lower and what looks like a 7 on the bottom is closer to the of. The chase however has a 5 of 10. Was the chaser from a different set? The one on the bottom left I can't make out the back of it.
Looking at the top pictures the pink one looks very scratched up. The chaser looks like it is of the one bellow it but they are not the same I don't know if that is normal or not I don't have experience with many chaser pins. You can see it in the arm and the bottom of the two pins they don't match.
Again I am not an expert by any means I am just giving my 2 cents of what I see.

I do not have these pins and I a not an expert but judging by the pictures I would say the Chaser might be real the two on the right you can see the 2 of 5 is off the 2 on the top one is lower and what looks like a 7 on the bottom is closer to the of. The chase however has a 5 of 10. Was the chaser from a different set? The one on the bottom left I can't make out the back of it.
Looking at the top pictures the pink one looks very scratched up. The chaser looks like it is of the one bellow it but they are not the same I don't know if that is normal or not I don't have experience with many chaser pins. You can see it in the arm and the bottom of the two pins they don't match.
Again I am not an expert by any means I am just giving my 2 cents of what I see.

The chaser is going to be a different # because Disney classified these as part of a chaser set, rather than part of the expressions set.

I also would love to collect a whole set of these but there are just too many scrappers out there for me to be buying them off eBay - hopefully one day I will be able to trade for them in person!

-Charlie

You are correct that the green and pink ones are fakes due to the quality of paint work in the front. From looking at the backs of the pins, the silver chaser is a real pin but as you noticed the prongs are the give away on the purple one. All of the prongs should look like the ones on the silver chaser pin.

PM me your address. I have a few extras from this series I can send you that I have checked and others have checked to confirm they are real.

Thanks for the input, everyone. And thanks, echan, that's so generous! It sounds like it's as I feared--3 fakes out of 4...but at least I know what to look for in the future. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back