• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Palace pets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace pets

moorhunhe

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
What do you guys think of this?

I think it's only through the UK website you can get them.

Honestly, I don't see the point of these, besides bringing in extra cash obviously.
These pets have absolutely nothing to do with the actual characters.

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/disney...earchTerm=palace+pets&catalogFromSearch=10002

I believe the palace pets was introduced by Disney a while ago with the introduction of the app.

It is a spin off from the Disney Princess franchise with each princess having at least one palace pet.

I guess they are trying to release merchandise featuring the pets to increase their popularity and exposure.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Palace_Pets

I guess a lot of young girls loves stuff like this ... good money making XD
I also like that Pocahontas and Mulan each have one pet, but Rapunzel has 4... :rolleyes:

There was a free lithograph promo with The Little Mermaid Diamond Edition to get a free lithograph of Ariel & her pet, and then for $10 more, you could get the matching lithographs of Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella, and Belle with their Palace Pets. I don't know if that promo is still available. The lithographs are kind of pretty with glitter elements (but not overdone). The Palace Pets look a lot like The Littlest Pet Shop animals to me.

I think they're cute, but they don't really pertain to the characters or their movies.

I have Ariel's kitten, Treasure. I bought her shortly after they were released. Here's a photo:

Treasure by sharayahlynn, on Flickr

I really like Mulan's panda, Pocahontas' raccoon, and Jasmine's tiger. I have a fondness for Rapunzel's kitty, Summer, but I'm having a difficult time with the price tag on that set. :anxious:

They are cute but really pointless. It only makes a little sense if they used the animals/pets in the frickin movie. Little kids love this crap though and it sells.

They have books with the animal characters in them. We have most of the set, except rapunzel, but haven't read them yet as I do to read my daughter Japanese books (as these are all in Japanese). Should read it for myself though just to see the story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back