• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

paranoid??

Status
Not open for further replies.
paranoid??

brookegreene22

It all started with a mouse
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Okay, I have a few friends who work at/for WDW and they sometimes give me pins. I got about 20 today from one and said that he hadn't really taken care of them. They were thrown into a plastic bag with no pin backs. With all of these fakes out there I started looking at them and noticed that some of them have a LOT of scratches on the backs and a few where the paint is chipped off. Also, on one of them the green paint is a bit discolored in a few places.

Here's my dilemma. I know that I can trust him when it comes to giving me the pins, but could it be that he was traded fakes off of his lanyard for these?? Or could it be that because he really didn't take care of them and that the paint can come off??

I feel overly paranoid, but don't want to trade someone and it be a fake. I'd hate to get a bad reputation for trading non-quality pins!! I think that some of them might be what others are really looking for!

If you're really worried about it you can always just list them to trade or sell with actual pictures of them and just make sure that the buyer understands that that is the pin they are getting.

For me personally. If I really wanted the pin then it wouldn't matter all that much. But I'm sure there are those who need their pins to be just so too.

If its not a quality you would appreciate, then set them aside. Or, at the very least, make sure you communicate with the buyer/trader the condition of the pin and let them make the final decision.

If they were all thrown together with no pin backs, its likely that they scratched each other! But as others have said, if you wouldnt be happy with it, dont trade it, or at least tell the tradee about its condition :) :wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back