• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Park Packs by Subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.
Park Packs by Subscription

MomeRathsOutgrabe

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
For those of you who were not able to attend GenEARation D, I thought I'd let you know that, during the Pin Talk, they announced that they would be selling a one-year subscription for the Park Packs (I believe they said this would be offered in November). Then, if there are sets left over, they will sell them on a monthly basis. Just an fyi.

I wonder if they'll charge all at once or as they ship. I'd be ok with charged as they ship, ala Amazon subscription services. I have enjoyed my park packs so far, but I love a good surprise so this is pleasant mail!

I believe it is around $419 for a year which works out to $11.63 per pin. I think you
are required to pay all at once to get the deal.

Hmmm....That's what I was hoping for back in May, but now I'm not so sure. Any idea what price was floated for the subscription?

If I remember correctly, I believe that they said you would get a month free if you bought the subscription for a year. IMHO, I think they are only going this route because they aren't selling well.

I believe it is around $419 for a year which works out to $11.63 per pin. I think you

Ouch! It would be nice if they had multiple options, like every three months or so. That is a rather big chunk of change to pay at once for some of us.

If it's all at once, I'm out. I don't have that much extra money to spend up front. I don't like the idea of the subscription though, because there may be months I can't buy. I don't want to be stuck/locked in if I happen to have a situation where I can't afford it one month.

Hope not! It would be really dumb to offer monthly payment options for annual passes but not pin packs. Should be an auto-renewal/auto-pay kind of set up, not lump sum with a *promise* to mail each month.

Considering that most haven't been that great...to spend that much up front. I think I'll buy pins I like with that much money.

I finally got in and ordered the 12 month subscription. I could not apply D23 (D23Magic) discount! I called the relatively useless DS line "have a magical day" grrrr, and they said I'd have to call D23. I tried and got the voice mail.
Can someone tell me HOW they applied the D23 discount code???
thank you

I finally got in and ordered the 12 month subscription. I could not apply D23 (D23Magic) discount! I called the relatively useless DS line "have a magical day" grrrr, and they said I'd have to call D23. I tried and got the voice mail.
Can someone tell me HOW they applied the D23 discount code???
thank you

During checkout, where you can enter the discount/special offer code, type in D23magic and click "apply." Of course you have to already be logged in to your account and have your D23 membership linked to that account for the code to work. (I've tried to enter the code without being logged in before. That was frustrating!) I hope this helps!

I don't know if they are still available, but I ordered on Thursday and just found out about the discount. I called DS customer service and they referred me to D23. They were very nice and applied the discount. I will now be getting a credit for $60! Yeah!

This is what I get when I chose to apply the discount....

D23 Gold Members Take 10% Off Your Order of $50 or More!

** Not eligible for this order

D23 Members Take 15% Off Your Order of $75 or More!

Your Subscription Ships Free!

Last edited:
This is what I get when I chose to apply the discount....

D23 Gold Members Take 10% Off Your Order of $50 or More!

D23 Members Take 15% Off Your Order of $75 or More!

Your Subscription Ships Free!

I stand corrected - once I signed in on my Disney page I was given the 15% discount saving me $62.99. w00t!

I don't know if they are still available, but I ordered on Thursday and just found out about the discount. I called DS customer service and they referred me to D23. They were very nice and applied the discount. I will now be getting a credit for $60! Yeah!

THAT'S the Disney customer service we all know and love! Awesome! Congratulations! :)

After receiving TWO emails That my Park Pack subscription (ordered Oct 1) "will SOON BE ON ITS WAY" AND CC BEING CHARGED FOR IT, I get an email this AM that "item is NOT AVAILABLE" WHAT!?! I also received an email to rate my purchase & I let them have it!
Has anyone received Oct Park Pack?

Did they change the subscription service? I am looking online and instead of it being a 1 time fee of like $400, it is now a recurring fee of $39.95 on a monthly basis

Did they change the subscription service? I am looking online and instead of it being a 1 time fee of like $400, it is now a recurring fee of $39.95 on a monthly basis

Originally there were two options for subscriptions.

1) Annual subscription for ~$400. This one was immediately charged to your account and is paid in full for 12 boxes. The subscription will renew automatically every year (in October, I think) unless you cancel the renewal. If you purchased this annual subscription and then cancel later, you will still receive the first year of boxes, however your account will not be automatically charged for the renewal of your annual subscription.

2) Monthly subscription for ~$40. This is on a month-by-month basis. Once you purchase this subscription your account will be charged monthly for each box. You can cancel at any time, however, it is my understanding that it takes a month to process cancellations. If you cancel your monthly subscription, plan to be charged and receive one final box, but the next month you should not be charged.

If the monthly subscription is the only one still available, maybe they only planned to offer a limited number of annual commitments.

And that's all I know about that. ;)

After receiving TWO emails That my Park Pack subscription (ordered Oct 1) "will SOON BE ON ITS WAY" AND CC BEING CHARGED FOR IT, I get an email this AM that "item is NOT AVAILABLE" WHAT!?! I also received an email to rate my purchase & I let them have it!
Has anyone received Oct Park Pack?

Im also confused :eek:
I received the same email that my item was not available at time of purchase, ordered Oct. 1st also, for the park pack year subscription. Any one have more information on what happened? Did Disney decided to discontinue this option ?

I do see online today that the only option is for the monthly service, either they sold out the number of yearly options or they decided to cancel the year option?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back