• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Pif ?

ZAPPED! Pif ?

tiggermickey

DPF Nut
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
1591   0   0
Hi Everyone
I am thinking of closing PIF!until next year ..maybe New Years day 2012
I have gotten several Pm's ..one from a member saying this could be
her 4th PIF being stiffed!:(I need to know"NOW"!!who has NOT gotten a PIF pin!
And from who!!I am not happy about this at all...I have to get this straigtened out

Judy

Oh, so sorry to hear that our pinpals are getting "stiffed". I would hate to think that there are members who are trying to get something for nothing :(

I think it must be more of a case of neglect. I have never been personally stiffed and my experiences have been pleasant, but I have noticed that most people (including me) do not treat PIF just like a regular trade.

I know I have dragged my feet on occasion (sorry Laura) while trying to get a nice match or just because I was plain lazy to go to the po for one single package.

Maybe closing the game for a while would give players some time to catch up if they are behind on their turns. This game is based on honor system and I would like to beleve that everyone holds their end after all.

Also, remember that the holidays are coming up a separate Holiday Swap and/or Secret Santa will be in the works. A break for PIF might be a good idea so people don't have to focus on so much, and will give more interest to these seasonal favorites!

Yeah closing might be a good idea since the holidays are nearing...I hope people got my PIFs a while back, pictures were never posted in the thread and I sent all my pins DC and they got to their respective places safely according to the tracking

I think that those who would like to continue doing the PIF should be able too. If others would prefer to stop and do other things, that is ok.

To each their own.

If someone did not get a pin, the mods should for sure be notified just so they can look into it and see what happened.

Vicki

Last edited:
I like PIF, even though I don't play as often as a lot of you guys. I guess I wouldn't mind a break too much as long as it came back. I think if there's people who aren't sending pins and responding to communication about it, they should be banned from playing. But it also could be like someone else said, and they forgot. One time I played and didn't get a pin, but when I wrote and asked they sent it out right away, they had just forgotten.

you sure some people are being stiffed? is it by the same person?
i know one time i sent a pif out of the country and the person never got their pif. i didnt get tracking because i didnt want to pay 10-15 dollars just to send a pif.
im also having a problem receiving a trade i did over a month ago internationally. i would understand why someone wouldnt get a dc on a pif, most of my pifs dont come with dc. most of the time i will get dc but the one time i didnt do dc, the person never received the pin. its very frustrating when things go wrong with the mail.

Oh no I love pin it forward :( its a great way of getting random pins that people have specially chosen that they think you will like :)
however holding it off until the start of the next year maybe a good idea as as people have said it gives people to catch up on the holidays.

but the thing I thought though was, if they entered themselves in PIF then they know that they have the responsibility to send out the pin. We shouldnt have to put it off just because they havent held up there end of the deal...maybe sort them out and let the ones who do play it fair carry on?

No one is forcing them to join, so if they need a break from PIF...maybe they shouldnt put there name down in the game thread?

I agree and would be very sad to see PIF dissapear :( Everyone should be sending their pins with DC esp if they are sending within the states! I always do DC with every package I send out to make sure the other player always gets their pin <3 <3 <3 It's such a fun and heartfilled game to play! I love being able to send a Happy surprize pin package to other Fellow DPF members! <3

PIF is a wonderful way to trade with people you don't always have two way matches with too! I love trying to send a nice pin off their wants list if possible :D

I Hope it doesn't go away, and whomever is not sending out pins needs to be banned from playing if they do not correct the situation <3
<3 Laz

I love PIF. Perhaps there are misunderstandings or mail problems. Have those that did not receive their PIF's contacted the person to see what happened. I've always received my PIF's, but I'm also understanding if it takes a little while to get to me.

Judy, maybe making DC# a requirement for this game might help. IMO, it is not enough to send a pin out. It is the sender's job to check on the pin while in transit too. That might reduce some of the problems.

YES I think I put DC required in the regular rules when it started..but I cannot do anything as I am NOT a MOD!
I PMed JON that runs the forums here and I have not heard anything!I wish I could do something

Judy

The DC is a good idea, I always use one in the US. I really wouldn't want to have to get one for overseas though, since it would cost so much.

DC might put alot of people off to PIF to outside of the US ...so it would be hard for people like me to be involved.
Dont get me wrong its a good idea though :)

I've only done pif twice but I think it is fantastic! Thank you for running it! I'm sorry to hear that people aren't getting there pins maybe it is all the same person not sending it out? Dc might help. Can I make a suggestion for pif? I feel that
If you signed up for pif you should have a certain amount of pins for trade, like 50 or so. I think that when someone signs up that only has a few pins to trade it takes a few days for anyone to sign up after them and really slows down the game. Hope everything works out :)

Oh, so sorry to hear that our pinpals are getting "stiffed". I would hate to think that there are members who are trying to get something for nothing :(

I think it must be more of a case of neglect. I have never been personally stiffed and my experiences have been pleasant, but I have noticed that most people (including me) do not treat PIF just like a regular trade.

I know I have dragged my feet on occasion (sorry Laura) while trying to get a nice match or just because I was plain lazy to go to the po for one single package.

Selen, do you mean the other Laura? Because I can never recall you dragging your feet! :) In any case, communication is the key, and when I play, I do email people if it is going to take me longer than a couple of days to mail.

Also I hear you about going to the PO! My tip is that my favorite thing is shipping online. It does take some setup, you need some sort of scale and a Paypal account, but now I can generate, pay for and print my labels without having to go anywhere. The mail carrier picks them up from my house. Bonus: DC is only 19 cents when you do it this way, and all the info (for tracking etc) is in the system. Have been doing it for years now and LOVE it!

I do think DC was mentioned in the "rules for PIF" (I think there is/should be an exception for international 1st class packages, as DC is not even an option for them, and International Priority is WAY too expensive for most single pin PIF). If you use DC within the US, at least you have a way to look for the pin should it go missing, and it gives the PO something to go on.

Back