• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Trading and Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party

When we went last year they had put away all the boards and closed up the Westward Trading shop since that was super close to a trick or treat candy stop. I was able to do a lot of last minute trading in the hours we could get in with our ticket prior to the actual event starting though.

If I’m not mistaken trading availability will likely be up to each individual shop and cm (for lanyards) to decide on if they are displaying them. I’ve been to two past parties and haven’t noticed any special ones out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well drat. I would think that Halloween themed or special pin boards pulled out only for the party would be a nice touch for the extra money you are paying.

Well drat. I would think that Halloween themed or special pin boards pulled out only for the party would be a nice touch for the extra money you are paying.

To be honest I don’t think there’s any one team in charge of pin trading. Each area just does their own thing. Many areas have had the same pin board structure for the last 10 years. Lol So I don’t know that they see it as a big draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, I don't think they even sell special MNSSHP pins any longer. Just the general Halloween ones that are also available in the day. At least I don't recall them having any last year.

I believe AJK is correct. In 2021 they threw together the WDW "Boo Bash" and there were no special pins for the event. MNSSHP last year, I believe, did not have any special event pins. Interestingly, there were special event pins for the DLR Oogie Boogie event, I believe. If there are not any releases for MNSSHP it will be a shame since they came out with some pretty good stuff in the past.

Reactions: imp
I've been to quite a number of these parties and I've never witnessed any special boards, let alone Halloween pins for trade.

I've been to quite a number of these parties and I've never witnessed any special boards, let alone Halloween pins for trade.
Same. I've been going to the MNSSHP for years, going back to when they would release a new pin each party night (I wish they would go back to doing that!), and I don't remember any special trading boards.

A new pin each party night?! That's amazing!
If you go back and look at the party pins starting from ... oh, I want to say, maybe 2001-2003ish ... pay close attention to the dates the pins both were released AND sold out, if memory serves, the first night, two pins were released (the nightly pin and an event logo pin, the latter had a much higher edition and was intended to last throughout most, if not all, of the parties). Event attendees were entitled to purchase two pins each (and yes, they would mark your wristbands so you couldn't buy them at multiple locations). At the second party, they would release a new pin AND sell leftover pins from the first party (so you potentially could buy three different pins). And so on ... until either the pins sold out or the parties ended, in which case, the pins would be placed in the store for sale to daily guests. The pins from the earliest parties almost always sold out. The pins that remained usually were the logo pin and the ones from the last few parties. Both the MNSSHP and the MVMCP worked the same way and it was amazing. I miss the old way so much, but my credit card most assuredly does not.

At one point ... I can't remember when ... Disney had the brilliant (heavy sarcasm) idea to reduce the number of pins and release ALL of them at the first party. Needless to say, most of them did not last past the first few parties. If you were only able to make it to the end parties, you weren't able to purchase much of anything. From there, it was just a hop, skip, and a jump to where we are now ... almost no pins at any of the parties.

If you go back and look at the party pins starting from ... oh, I want to say, maybe 2001-2003ish ... pay close attention to the dates the pins both were released AND sold out, if memory serves, the first night, two pins were released (the nightly pin and an event logo pin, the latter had a much higher edition and was intended to last throughout most, if not all, of the parties). Event attendees were entitled to purchase two pins each (and yes, they would mark your wristbands so you couldn't buy them at multiple locations). At the second party, they would release a new pin AND sell leftover pins from the first party (so you potentially could buy three different pins). And so on ... until either the pins sold out or the parties ended, in which case, the pins would be placed in the store for sale to daily guests. The pins from the earliest parties almost always sold out. The pins that remained usually were the logo pin and the ones from the last few parties. Both the MNSSHP and the MVMCP worked the same way and it was amazing. I miss the old way so much, but my credit card most assuredly does not.

At one point ... I can't remember when ... Disney had the brilliant (heavy sarcasm) idea to reduce the number of pins and release ALL of them at the first party. Needless to say, most of them did not last past the first few parties. If you were only able to make it to the end parties, you weren't able to purchase much of anything. From there, it was just a hop, skip, and a jump to where we are now ... almost no pins at any of the parties.
Nice summation of the history.

Back