• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pinbacks???

Status
Not open for further replies.
many many years ago they used the normal brass pin post grabbing style
pins that are authorized by disney but released thru book stores and the like may or may not still have the brass backs
most do now have the rubber mickey head backs though

Pre-pin trading, and the first year or two, they were just gold and silver metal backs. Then there was a period where they were plain rubber, then they came out with the Mickey ones. 2002-ish, maybe. Also, there was a "kit" you could buy online, and it had backs in a couple different shapes and colors. I have a couple yellow starbursts that came from that pack.

Disney has used several different pin back in their history

Standard military clutch pinback
standard rubber pin back
White glove / Sorcerer's Hat / Goofy hat / Mickey head
Princess heart / Slipper / star / Minnie Bow

And in an apparent Manufacturing error some Disney Store pins arrived with a Hard Rock Cafe guitar pick pin backing.

I've been through all the backs in my 11 years of collecting and trading. IMHO, I hate the mickey backs. Sometimes they really hurt the fingers trying to take them off when in a book or on a card. Of course they fall off when you don't want them to. My favorite backs were the more flexible yellow ones. They were easy to grab and pull.

Aprille

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back