• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pinpics Login Issue?

Pinpics Login Issue?

imp

Evil Fairy
DPF Moderator
Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Is anyone else having trouble getting into their Pinpics account today?

As soon as I enter my login information I land on a page that says I have to provide my country and state because I have trade-assist enabled. But when I enter that information and try to save the changes, it tells me that my email address has already been taken. I can’t navigate past that page, so I’m effectively locked out.

That will just be some kind of odd issue, because that change seems to have been implemented yesterday. We had to put in our country and state, too.
Send a message to molly@pinpics.com -- she'll be able to fix whatever the issue is for you.

Thanks. I already sent an email to their general email, but I’ll copy her as well.

Oh, yes . . . I was prompted the same thing yesterday evening and after I chose Country and State and saved the changes, it has been normal. I'd bet something glitched! You did save the changes, correct? I know when I was turning on the Trade Assists in the same page, I didn't know you had to save the changes! :)

Reactions: imp
Update: Molly answered my email right away and we've sorted everything out very quickly. Thank again @GroguFan for the direct contact info.

In case anyone else is in the same position, a long long time ago I'd created other profiles solely to track individual genres within my collection, using the same contact email for all of them. Later there was a change that required use an email address (instead of profile name) as our user name for login. So I used my email address for my primary account and lost access to the other accounts. I haven't used them in years so I asked Molly to just delete them (but she also gave me the option to merge the various accounts).

I was pleased to learn all inactive accounts will be removed Sept 1.:fig:
Oh yay! Hopefully this means that the wants/owns ratios will be corrected as well!

And when I send out a trade request this means the person on the other end should be active. Will keep us from wasting our time!

How is "inactive" being defined? Thanks.

It is for any account that has not signed in since the new website went active in early March. You have to sign-in and update your password on your account (only needed one time -- any time since the launch of the new site). If an account has not been logged into, it will be removed from Trade Assist and put into an inactive area. It will be possible to get your account reinstated, but I know they've announced this for some time and will not be giving priority to reinstatement (it could take awhile), since they are working hard on the new Mobile App right now. So, if you want to stay active, just go and log in, make a new password and get your account set-up on the new site. That's all it takes, and it's really pretty quick and simple.

Back