• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pinpics Proposes Ebay Photo Use Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinpics Proposes Ebay Photo Use Ban
It doesnt matter if its $1,000,000 or $10.00 or $1, I have the complete right to make my "donation"
kajtdd
Absolutely, yo do have the right. The question is, did you specify anything while sharing your work product?

Last edited:
Merryweather, with each post you make, it becomes more and more clear that you just really do not get what this issue is really about. I wish I could live in just a magical world as yours.

Keep the rules the same as they were when the photo was given, make rules for the new stuff. Easiest way to handle it.

Cutting to the chase: that seems very fair and would stop the concern right there.

I do hope LANSAM sees it that way as well. I think everyone would be appeased if they change the rule from here forward...but not regarding pins posted prior to the change.

As an aside, I was just wondering how many people found Pinpics through Ebay, like I did? =) Several sellers, back in 2005, used Pinpics photos and by crediting Pinpics it made me curious, so I got to looking around. I wouldn't have had a clue about Pinpics had I not read about it in an auction I was perusing. I think it's great, free advertising.

Merryweather, with each post you make, it becomes more and more clear that you just really do not get what this issue is really about. I wish I could live in just a magical world as yours.

In the eye of the beholder ;)

My knowledge about everything happening is limited to what is being shared on DPF and PinTalk.

Based on those, I can see one angry, bitter veteran who is hurling accusations and 3 people who are new to the hobby. One of these new people keeps getting crucified by people who never met him in person. When he posts statements that explain his side, it gets either ignored or his words get twisted so he can be called a "liar".

Yet nobody asks TiggerNut: "You claimed that Lenny was Margi's nephew, yet he says he never met her. What is your response to that?" I wonder if we would get a straight answer to ANYTHING from her other than new accusations?

When we ask her;"Where are the PAGES and PAGES of pins?" We get a small mumble from her, again no clear answer. Go see for yourself the San Diego thread that shows the "sinful pin book"

http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?6680-Photos-from-the-San-Diego-EVENT!!!&highlight=diego

There are total of 7 pictures. Out of 7 only 4 of them shows pins, the other 3 are mostly people. Out of that 4, there are 2 pictures with pin books. Where are the PAGES PAGES?? All of this, because Lenny got his hands on some rare pins that never went to production. big deal?!

Look what I found, and this is written by dream499

So, she can have rarities and prototypes, but nobody else can??

I might not "get what this is about", but neither do you get what I am about. I will not stand by and watch internet bullying laced with fine legal language.

I will not tolerate people attacking others in front of many eyes, yet when asked for proof, give evasive answers.

If "Truth is defense" where is it?

Shame on all of you for believing in hear say and crucifying people.

You know very well that a lot of people are on a witch hunt right now. They are determined to make Lansam look bad for everything they say and they do, yet they are willing to cut themselves a generous slack.

Give Lansam a break. They probably read the boards, they must have understood your concerns and they will probably re-visit their decisions soon. Instead of getting riled up, try simply asking.
BUT NICELY :)

Time will tell who is living in a magical world.

Last edited:
Finally, please restrain from personal attacks.

kajtdd

Where was that attitude the last two weeks during the Smear Lenny Campaign? So it is ok for Tiggernut to question his motives but not ok for us to question hers? Ok...thanks for clearing that up for me.

OMG, Selen, WAKE UP and get out of your magical world! This is our call to action! OCCUPY PINPICS!!!

9123248.jpg

Merryweather is right with her question. Unless a condition was specified when said "donation" (in this case pictures) was done, then PinPics can do as they see fit. That is how it goes with cash donations too. If you donated say $1000 to PinPics and specified server upgrades, they would have to use it for server upgrades, and not paying to redesign the site; or return the money. If you just gave them $1000 without instruction, they can choose how to spend the money.

I do not know what the whole ruckus is about. So terms of service have changed. They change on E-Bay regularly, as well as PayPal, and I am sure most of your credit cards. Do you get this frustrated when that happens? So what. It is their site, and can do what they see fit. If you do not like it, do not use their services, free or paid, and/or start your own site, pay the server and hosting costs, pay a web designer, etc.

If you still have the original picture you sent them, then you still have it to use. If not, how long does it actually take to take a picture?!? Why not show the real item instead of a picture you or someone else might have taken 5 years ago? This argument is beyond beating a dead horse, we have now gone to crying over spilled milk after it has already been cleaned up.

And personally, I am still waiting on my apology from Tiggernut for being "on the take" for trying to keep an open mind and not incite others.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, descriptions added to pins (regardless of time taken) do not qualify as owned intellectual properties. And if it did, it would technically be owned by Disney because measurements and descriptions are specific to their property.

Same thing as if I wrote: "Bob is 6'10", brown eyes, brown hair, and was born in Kansas." No matter how long that took me to write it, I can't claim that I own it and I wouldn't even be able to get the exact phrase copyrighted.

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread but will post here too since there seems to be more discussion about the topics.::

I guess my question in this whole drama fest is: since ebay changed their policy to not being able to use stock photos and the pixel requirement is larger than pinpics then why do you have to change pinpics policy and create un-needed drama and problems? It seems like this whole thing could have been avoided by just posting ebay's new policies and no one would be threatening and wanting pictures removed from pinpics...or am I just missing something?

And for the record I could care less about the whole situation and I am all about an open discussion about the situation. There are currently 6...yes 6 threads about this topic....I would rather be talking with my friends about PINS instead of weeding through and seeing all this wasted space.

I posted this in another thread but will post here too since there seems to be more discussion about the topics.::

I guess my question in this whole drama fest is: since ebay changed their policy to not being able to use stock photos and the pixel requirement is larger than pinpics then why do you have to change pinpics policy and create un-needed drama and problems? It seems like this whole thing could have been avoided by just posting ebay's new policies and no one would be threatening and wanting pictures removed from pinpics...or am I just missing something?

Wow! So good to hear someone reasonable and thank you for that. Maybe Lansam was not even aware? I shop on Ebay often and I wasn't. Hopefully this issue will be put to rest soon, but something in me says the "Rileys" will keep looking for new things to pick fights.

Last edited:
Lansam's idea to no longer allow Ebay listings to use Pinpics pictures on the surface sounds a very good idea, as it forces sellers to show a picture of the actual item. However, this seems to already have been addressed by Ebay's own upcoming policy.

With regard to Tiggernut's concern, since the original photos are your own property and you say are on disks, surely this does not stop you using your original copy of your pictures in your listings? Pinpics uses a duplicate copy of your pictures, and all they are saying is that your listings cannot link to the Pinpics site.

Wow! So good to hear someone reasonable and thank you for that. Maybe Lansam was not even aware? I shop on Ebay often and I wasn't. Hopefully this issue will be put the rest soon, but something in me says the "Rileys" will keep looking for new things to pick fights.

Thanks...I try :hsd:

I cannot stand drama...and I can see this going way way out of hand on both sides...I just want to get back to discussing pins...which is the real thing we are ALL here for!!

Merryweather, with each post you make, it becomes more and more clear that you just really do not get what this issue is really about.

Sorry to just jump off of your quote here latemetal if that is not what you are implying, but I wanted a springboard and MANY people on here ARE implying that this will be the "death of pin trading."

I'm going to have to disagree.
Here in Japan, pin trading has been BANNED in/around the parks for over TEN YEARS. We get a tiny handful of pins each year, most are open edition, with a few meager LEs thrown in. Heck, a lot of what we get is event pins, still copyright Disney but manufactured by and sold by the people who put on the event. Pins here sell out almost instantly. People grab up the event pins even faster than the pins in-store. There are still pin trading events here 10 years after the fact. I would be surprised if even 10% of Japanese pin traders use pinpics, a website where they will have to communicate with people in a language the majority of people who live here are not fluent in. And pin trading in Japan is FAR from dead. And they have fun with it!!!!! Nothing is dying, really. If in 10 years it has not died in a country where it gets 0 promotion or support from Disney (the park and Disney Store pins even have pin COLLECTING printed on them) and most people don't know what pinpics is, I really don't think the rest of the world is in that much trouble even if all this doom and gloom ends up true. Of course, this is only my opinion.

Last edited:
Lenny Schas was introduced to ME by Margi Deluca. She stated it was her Nephew.

Lenny was introducted to others at Disneyland as Margi's Nephew.

Lenny has Margi Deluca's Trade Book.

Keep drinking the cool-aid. Remember the people who sell bad pins, also tell you they are real. Why do you believe a convicted thief?

Lenny Schas was introduced to ME by Margi Deluca.

Margi is gone. Was there anyone else with you at that time?

Lenny has Margi Deluca's Trade Book.

Good for him. What is wrong with having someone's trade book? When I die, my daughter will inherit mine.

Keep drinking the cool-aid. Remember the people who sell bad pins, also tell you they are real. Why do you believe a convicted thief?

I do not believe anyone.

And for the record I could care less about the whole situation and I am all about an open discussion about the situation. There are currently 6...yes 6 threads about this topic....I would rather be talking with my friends about PINS instead of weeding through and seeing all this wasted space.

Yep, and 4 of those were started by or as a result of Disney5 who thought it was better to start new threads about this instead of continuing the discussion on the ones already started. He also hasn't posted in in over a year and only came over here to defend Lansam's policy which is fine but the way he is doing it is not the right way to win anyone over to his (and Lansam's) way of thinking.

Look, I didn't have hindsight to videotape the introduction. And, yes, there were others there, and yes, they recall the same thing.

Still that's all hearsay.

And as far as his books being fake-----

Yes, you and other "experts" can pick up the pins and recognize they are fake and all give witness statements that they are fake. The problem arises in proving in a court that they are fake.
-Pin trading is not something that you can be established a lawful expert. There has to be some governing body to certify you as an expert - For instance a license or certification like a PE stamp(for engineers).
-Disney itself has significantly hurt proving scrappers or counterfeits because of there stance and documented statement "If it has 'Disney' on the back, it is tradeable."
-If you say a pin is a scrapper in said book, without documentation like a receipt from a scrapper factory or import receipt, there is not much you can prove. He can just argue "factory defect".
-If you say a pin is a counterfeit in said book, it is hard to prove without documentation or statement from Disney that they never authorized the production of it. It would be especially hard if it says "Disney" on the back.
-Disney is also hurting the ability to prove color variations or un-released pins by releasing and promoting AP's, PP's and unreleased pins (like the special trade event auctions)
-The whole essence of trading makes pins hard to prove original owner or source. Pins swap hands so many times. He can easily state for any pin "I got that in a trade. I don't know if it is counterfeit or scrapper."

Last edited:
Orange you glad there is no need for a law suit? Those 16 people can spend their time on something fun now :)

http://www.pintalk.com/showthread.php?3692-Use-of-Pinpics-Images-Re-visited

For those of you who do not visit PinTalk here is the text:

The mods at Pinpics have been discussing the Ebay picture policy and we have decided to allow the policy to continue as is. We do understand Figgy and Britt's policy of allowing pictures to be posted on Ebay. Our intention with the picture ban was to help protect buyers, whether they be new or old in pins. We will however re-visit this policy before the launch and may re-address the issue in a different manner.

Last edited:
Orange you glad there is no need for a law suit? Those 16 people can spend their time on something fun now :)

http://www.pintalk.com/showthread.php?3692-Use-of-Pinpics-Images-Re-visited

This says NOTHING. The change wasn't going to happen until the LAUNCH, and now they are waiting until the LAUNCH to decide whether to change it then?

But, I will take what I can get..for now. They just know what they are up for if/when they try this later.

I CLAIM VICTORY. :salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back