• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Places to trade in WDW???

Places to trade in WDW???

disneypinqueen

~Villainous Diva~
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I'm trying to finish up packing for our WDW trip (leaving later today), but had to ask: Where is the best place for pin trading? I thought someone said somewhere in a thread that in Epcot there is a place to trade, but I could be mistaken... I need some enlightenment! Can anyone help with some info, please?

Thank you!!! :)

Well, almost all the Guest Service locations have a pin binder or board and all you have to do is ask. I had some good finds at all three Contemporary resort gift shop areas. They all three have pin boards as well as the one gift shop in the Grand Floridian. There is a also a shop in Epcot Mousekears? Something like that and they have a huge pin board as well. Best of luck! Sending lots of pixie dust your way. Have a magical time.

Every resort Ive been to has a trading book. So that may be something to try :)
Since they keep it hidden in the back, it isn't something that everyone knows about :)

Polynesian and Art of Animation have special pin boards that get released at certain times.

From what Ive heard, Epcot used to have a trading spot, but I don't think it does anymore. Though the main shop in Epcot does have a pin board at certain times as well.

The best spot in my opinion for pin trading is at MK. Aside from the Pin Book at the front, you have the chance to run into Scoop. There are also quite a bit of shops, and most CM's have lanyards with pins on them. Also in the frontier trading area, they have a special game with pins that they do at certain times of the day. I would say MK is probably the spot I traded the most pins :)

Careful - as usual the cast lanyards are littered with fakes. I ended up just avoiding hidden mickey pins all together. A few did have some Disneyland Paris pins, as well as a few other not so bad pins I grabbed!

The pin store at Epcot has tables set up and people use those (Careful - when I was there a guy had a huge board who was trying to scam people out of their pins with really unfair trades. The second time we went by it was a different guy with a different board, and he was much more honest and nicer). It's right near the fountain in the park, just past Spaceship Earth. They had some left over 13 Reflections of Evil event items when I was there a few weeks ago (The storybook and the huge spinner medallion thing). Other than that, you have the Pin Trading store at Downtown Disney and you can find people there willing to trade sometimes (Huge selection of pins. They also have the glass case where you can see the LE and such that you can buy - some are annual passholders only though, but the top section of the case are usually the ones anyone can get, just ask at the register). The resorts have pin boards, but many of them are only out during certain times of the day. Some rides also have them, like Rockin Rollercoaster at Hollywood Studios has a drum with pins. Also check under the sorcerer's hat while in HS. Animal Kingdom has a stroller covered in pins, but you usually have to ask, and they will only get it out if it's not too busy, so it's better to ask sometime in the afternoon.

I know the gift shop outside of Epcot has a small pin board (if you're looking at the entrance to the park, it's to your right. It's where you pick up merchandise if you've requested it to be delivered to the front of the park to pick up when you leave). There's also the Trading Post in Adventure Land in the Magic Kingdom. They also have a small board there. Employees walking around and at shops will often have pins on them, either on a lanyard or the little square thing they wear near their waist. Photographers and cast members working at rides will not have pins on them for safety reasons.

Lastly - GO TO MICKEY'S NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY!!! You won't regret it! Go see the ghost character actors at the Haunted Mansion sitting in the lawn by the Queue line! And if you're planning on getting pictures taken, the the Photopass +. It's more worth it than paying for every single picture, and you can get as many as you want for one price. During Not so Scary, get your picture in front of the carriage at Haunted Mansion, and by the Barrels near the building across the street from the ride - Ghosts will show up in your photos!

Last edited:
Back