• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Please be carefull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be carefull

bretu

Bret and Kelli
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There is a seller on the bay that is selling hard to find Disney Auction pins. Pin 47448: Disney Auctions - Father's Day 2006 (Ariel & King Triton is one , Pin 47136: Disney Auctions - Memorial Day 2006 (Roger and Jessica Rabbit is anouther. They are missing the holograms on the back. please be carefull.

Thank you for the heads-up.

I don't want to hi-jack your thread, but there is one seller I have been watching for a while now, almost 8 months at least.

She offers same pins again and again and those are popular LE pins. If you check her fb on Ebay, you will see that she has fb left for the same LE 100 pin 2-3 times within a month or so. I am guessing she somehow got hold unauthorized copies of the following pins:

I know there is no scrapper alert on these pins when you check pinpics, but IMO there is something majorly fishy if the same seller offers same low LE pins (that are sought after) over and over in such a short time.

Don't forget that back in the days of Disney Auctions, often one buyer would purchase a bulk amount of LE pins as there were no limits, causing quick sellouts.

I found a seller with the stitch with disney dogs pins too, same again, no holograms. I want to bid but i am guessing they are fakes with their no holograms on the back? Please clarify I'v never had a pin with a hologram on it thanks!

I don't mean to throw confusion into the mix, but when I was working for Auctions and DSI, all of my pins came from China. Of course, we didn't sell directly from China, but through the sites instead. Are you guys saying the pin sellers are in China on these fraudulent pins?

Okay, here's the deal-

*All* pins are produced in China- that's where Disney has them made.

But when a pin is sold *directly* from China by a seller that's not Disney, there's a very good chance that it's a scrapper/discarded pin. Workers pick them up from the bins at the factory and steal them, then sell them on ebay.

If a pin is super cheap, doesn't have the correct markings (ie the hologram), comes in a huge lot, or is from a seller that has a lot of the same pin/lots/ebay photos, buyer beware!

There may be some honest Disney traders from China (especially around HKDL), but to be frank, with China being the bootleg leader of the world, you're really taking a huge risk.

Just a couple days ago I saw the stitch in the ear hat pin. LE 500. Its tongue was neon pink (the tell-tale sign for this pin being a scrapper I guess). :down:

I have purchased two of the three pins that Merryweather has posted and will say that if it is the same person that I bought the pin from, the pins are legit in my honest opinion.

Originally Posted by pauly88
If you look on ebay there has been a seller that shows a photo of the back auction hologram missing

I was looking on one of the foreign Ebay sites, I think it was Hong Kong, a few weeks ago, there is a seller on there that has loads of fake Disney Auction pins for sale, they openly show front and back of the pin, on the back there is a space for the hologram. I dont understand how they openly get away with trying to sell something that is so clearly fake!

I have purchased two of the three pins that Merryweather has posted and will say that if it is the same person that I bought the pin from, the pins are legit in my honest opinion.

A safe way to know if her pins are legit, would be comparing them with the same pin purchased directly from Disney.

Even if pins appear to be the same, there still is a chance that it was not distributed by Disney, hence it is not one of the 100 authorized copies as per Abyssinian28's post:

there's a very good chance that it's a scrapper/discarded pin. Workers pick them up from the bins at the factory and steal them, then sell them on ebay.

She has sold the same Sleeping Beauty/Stitch pin 2 weeks ago. I know for a fact that other than the high bidder, 2 people got second chance offers from her as it was discussed on the forum, one of them as low as $29.90 (from her fb).

I don't think her pins come on cards. Now she is selling the same LE 100 pin again. I will keep watching her auctions and feedback to see how many of the same LE 100 pin will go through. She is clever enough to space her listings by 2-3 weeks, so people won't get too suspcious.

I realize that many people bought these DA pins in bulk, but IMO the same seller having multiples of the same LE 100 pin is still curious.

This same seller constanty sells a Lady & Tramp Valentine LE 250 pin, pin # 52345. Long time ago, Judy (tiggermickey) had provided a link to scrapper pics and the same L & T pin was among the scrappers in that picture. Yet, if you check pinpics, there is no scrapper alert for that pin.

If you check the same link, you will see that DA pins were not immune to being copied.

http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/scrappers.htm

I am not trying to stir the pot or upset people who bought from this seller, but as the title says "Please be careful"

Last edited:
I paged through one of the above-mentioned-seller's old feedback and found a completed listing for 66022 Jessica as Queen of Hearts. The seller's listing describes the pin as having a Disney/Amblin copyright on the back. Does that sound right? There's no pinpics description of the copyright, but I've seen counterfeits with the wrong copyright stamp.

And by the way, this person is NOT me, despite my avatar.

Last edited:
Bretu and Merryweather - can you please PM me the names of the sellers? I just want to be aware of who they are, thanks.

*Merryweather, I think i know to whom you're referring, but I'd rather be sure. =)

ok so not all disney auction pins have a hologram...which ones are supposed to then???

I'd like to know that as well. That info would definitely come in handy. Perhaps make a list of DA pins and say which ones are meant to have the hologram on them and which aren't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back