• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Previous Tinkerbell Fairies + The Pirate Fairy ( Collections ) Picture HEAVY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previous Tinkerbell Fairies + The Pirate Fairy ( Collections ) Picture HEAVY!
New Versus Old Disney Tinker Bell Dolls

A couple of photos of the various Tinker Bell dolls from Disney Parks and Disney Store, from 2011 through 2014, with detailed descriptions.

2011 to 2014 Tinker Bell Dolls - Disney Parks and Disney Store Full Sized and Mini Dolls - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Side by side comparison of different Tinker Bell posable dolls in my collection. They are by Disney Parks and the Disney Store, and are both full sized (10 - 11 inch) and mini dolls (5.5 inch). They are posed standing, supported by Kaiser doll stands, except for the Disney Parks Tinker Bell 11 inch doll, who is the only doll in this group who can free stand. Since the 10'' Disney Store dolls are on doll stands meant for 11-12 inch dolls, they have their feet in the air, and their heads are at the same level as that of the Parks Tinker Bell.

All the 10'' Disney Store dolls have ''Flutter Wings'' that are attached to the back of their bodies, and flap when a button is pressed. The Disney Parks Tinker Bell has wings that are attached to the back of her dress. Since 2011, the Tinker Bell dolls have grown progressively more accurate in appearance to the character in the Disney Fairies Tinker Bell animated movies.

Disney Parks Princess Collection Tinker Bell 11'' Doll (2011)
Disney Store Classic Tinker Bell 10'' Flutter Wing Doll (2011)
Disney Store Secret of the Wings Tinker Bell 5.5'' Mini Doll (2012)
Disney Store Classic Secret of the Wings Tinker Bell 10'' Flutter Wing Doll (2012)
Disney Store Classic Tinker Bell 10'' Flutter Wing Doll (2013)
Disney Store The Pirate Fairy Tinker Bell 5.5'' Mini Doll (2014)
Disney Store Classic Tinker Bell 10'' Flutter Wing Doll (2014)

2011 to 2014 Disney Store Classic Tinker Bell 10'' Dolls - Portrait Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Side by side comparison of the US Disney Store Classic Tinker Bell posable 10'' dolls in my collection. For a more useful comparison, I've omitted the 2012 Secret of the Wings Tinker Bell doll, as she is wearing her winter outfit, and not her classic outfit. They are posed standing, supported by Kaiser doll stands. Photographed in diffuse natural light.

All the 10'' Disney Store dolls have ''Flutter Wings'' that are attached to the back of their bodies, and flap when a button is pressed. Since 2011, the Tinker Bell dolls have grown progressively more accurate in appearance to the character in the Disney Fairies Tinker Bell animated movies. Their outfits have also gotten more elaborate. Following is a detailed summary of the changes between the dolls.

All three dolls have bodies of identical construction. The 2011 doll has a slightly paler skin tone, the other two dolls have the same skin tone.

Her blonde hair has gotten progressively darker. The bun is now tighter, and her front bangs are more accurately styled. Her eyes have grown smaller and less slanted, also to reflect more accurately the current movie character. The 2013 and 2014 Tinks have dark blue eyes of the same shade, that is much darker than that of the 2011 doll. Her nose is smaller and her mouth wider. The 2014 doll now has an open smile, whereas the others have closed smiles. The 2014 doll has a larger and rounder head, and a shorter neck than the other two dolls. Their expressions change from slight amusement, to curiosity, to joyfulness.

The glitter on the wings has gotten progressively darker, and the patterns have grown thicker. Her bodice is now a mint green, rather than the dark green of the 2011 doll and the olive green of the 2013 doll. The skirt on the 2011 doll was light green crudely cut leaf shaped sections, over white tulle, over dark green satin. The 2013 doll's skirt had a textured light green organza leaves over light green satin. The 2014 doll has a double layer of opaque dark green textured cloth leaves, heavily covered in glitter. It looks and feels much more natural than the leaves making up the skirts of the older dolls. The shoes are green plastic slippers of the same mold, but the 2011 shoes have a lighter green color and much smaller pom-poms.

Disney Store Classic Tinker Bell 10'' Flutter Wing Doll (2011)
Disney Store Classic Tinker Bell 10'' Flutter Wing Doll (2013)
Disney Store Classic Tinker Bell 10'' Flutter Wing Doll (2014)

Last edited:
Disney Store and Jakks Pacific Zarina Dolls

Some photos of the Disney Store and Jakks Pacific Zarina dolls, with detailed captions.

2012 Merida vs 2014 Zarina Classic Dolls - Weapons at the Ready by drj1828, on Flickr

The newly released 2014 Classic Pirate Fairy Zarina Flutter Wing 10'' Doll is posed side by side with the original 2012 Classic Brave Merida 11'' Doll. They both have their weapons at the ready. Merida with her bow and arrow, and Zarina with her sword. They are holding their weapons without any aid to secure them to their hands. They are similar in that they are both female warriors with long curly red hair.

Zarina Disney Fairy Dolls - Disney Store vs Jakks Pacific - Side by Side Comparison - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Jakks Zarina Pirate Fairy 9'' Doll Wearing Disney Store Zarina 10'' Doll's Outfit - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Jakks Zarina Fairy 9'' doll wearing the outfit of the Disney Store Zarina 10'' doll. That is, we gave her the Disney Store doll's dress, belt, sword and boots. I left her original headband and earrings. Because the Jakks doll is both shorter and skinnier than the Disney doll, the outfit is a bit loose on her. The Velcro closure at the back of the blouse doesn't mate, and the belt goes around the middle of her butt rather than around her hips. But the outfit does look pretty good on the Jakks doll. The most serious problem is how to give Zarina wings. The Jakks doll's wings were attached via Velcro fasteners to the back of her dress, so we would have to add a Velcro strip of the right type to the back of the dress. Without wings, this doll looks like a very attractive human female pirate.

Comparative Review of Zarina Full Size Dolls - Disney Store vs Jakks Pacific

Comparing two recently released full sized Zarina Disney Fairy dolls, representing the title character of The Pirate Fairy animated movie. On the left is the 10'' Disney Store (DS) doll, on the right is the 9'' Jakks Pacific doll (sold at Target and other stores). They are similar looking dolls with similar outfits, but have many differences in their details.

The DS Zarina has a much larger head with a larger chin, but is much more movie accurate. Her face is much more animated, with side glancing eyes, an arched left eyebrow, and a smirk. Whereas the Jakks doll has slanted eyes that are facing forward, has a slight smile and an almost totally symmetrical face. The DS doll has much curlier hair, that is stiffer because of hair product made to set the curls. The Jakks doll has red hair of about the same tint, but with very narrow blonde streaks. It is straight with gentle curls at the ends, with no apparent hair product. They both have hoop earrings in their left ears. The DS one is much better looking with multi-colored beads on a faux gold ring, whereas the Jakks one is a pale yellow ring with one bead of the same color. The DS has a blue satin headband, the Jakks has a wider purple one.

The Jakks doll is an inch shorter, and also much skinnier. But she also has much better articulation, with ball jointed wrists and knees, whereas the DS doll has fixed wrists and only hinge jointed knees. Also the DS doll cannot tilt her head up or down, while the Jakks doll can.

The DS doll has wings that are attached to her body, with a button that when pressed flaps the wings upwards (away from her body). There is an internal spring that returns the wings to their normal positions when the button is released. The wings are thin translucent plastic are covered on one side with orange glitter, that does shed a bit. The Jakks doll has wings that are attached via a Velcro strip to the back of her dress. It is made of thin transparent plastic that has an embedded metallatic layer that has holographic stars that shine with various colors when brightly lit.

The DS doll's outfit is much more movie accurate, and much better made. The main outfit consists of a blouse, bodice and skirt combo that is sewn together, and is fastened in the back with two Velcro closures. The blouse is ivory satin with elastic cuffs, the bodice is faux dark brown leather, the skirt is olive green satin covered in glitter, that is sectioned to look like leaves. She has a red plastic belt that has a loop for the sword. The sword is gray plastic with a large 'Z' on the handle, and is 5'' long. She can hold the sword in her hand without any aid, by placing her three middle fingers into a slot in the handle. She has black knee high boots that are labeled L and R to fit the left and right feet. The Jakks outfit is also a combo, consisting of a white blouse with purple cuffs, purple satin bodice with glittery gold trim, and a three layered skirt consisting of a blue mesh peplum, with a violet tulle overskirt, and a violet satin skirt under it. She has a red plastic belt that doesn't stay very well on her hips, and there is no sword loop, as she has no sword. She has knee high brown boots that are identical for each foot.

Both dolls are pretty, but the Disney Store doll is a much better representation of the movie character, with a better made outfit and a very nice sword accessory. The downside of the doll is the relative lack of articulation, the glitter in her outfit and wings that shed quite a bit, and the non-removable wings. Also her hair should be straight like the Jakks doll and not curly (but both dolls have hair that is too long), and her head is too large for her body. As for the price, the Disney Store doll is a very good value for the current promotional price of $10 if two or more Classic dolls are bought at the same time, versus the $16.99 price of the Jakks doll (at least from the Target website).

The last Tink on the right has a really pretty face up. It looks the most like her. Thats the current DS doll of Tink? I might have to get her.

I just bought the Jakks Tink from the movie. I only wanted her.

The last Tink on the right has a really pretty face up. It looks the most like her. Thats the current DS doll of Tink? I might have to get her.

I just bought the Jakks Tink from the movie. I only wanted her.
Yes, the Tink on the far right is the most recently released one. I have the Jakks Pirate Fairy Tinker Bell, but I haven't deboxed her yet. I like both of these Tinker Bells.

I forgot I have this old Tinker Bell doll (on left). Im not sure but I think she is from 2004 and is a Disney Store doll. I like how her wings are, they are not as flimsy as the new ones, but also not see through. I love the see through wings the most but they are so flimsy and bend too easily.

tink_zps8da857b0.jpg

Tinker Bell Dolls - Disney Store 10'' Classic vs Jakks Pacific 9'' The Pirate Fairy

Comparing two recently released Tinker Bell full sized dolls, that promote the upcoming Disney Fairies movie The Pirate Fairy. On the left is the 2014 Tinker Bell 10'' Flutter Wing Doll, part of the Disney Fairies Classic Doll Collection, that I purchased from my local Disney Store. On the right is the Disney Fairies The Pirate Fairy 9†Tink Doll, by Jakks Pacific. They have been fully deboxed, and are posed standing, supported by Kaiser doll stands (not included). Photographed in diffuse natural light.

Following the photos is my full comparative review of the two dolls.

2014 Tinker Bell Full Sized Dolls - Disney Store 10'' Classic vs Jakks Pacific 9'' The Pirate Fairy - Side By Side - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

2014 Tinker Bell Full Sized Dolls - Disney Store 10'' Classic vs Jakks Pacific 9'' The Pirate Fairy - Side By Side - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

2014 Tinker Bell Full Sized Dolls - Disney Store 10'' Classic vs Jakks Pacific 9'' The Pirate Fairy - Side By Side - Portrait Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Comparative Review of Disney Store 2014 Classic vs Jakks Pacific The Pirate Fairy Tinker Bell Dolls

The Disney Store doll is an accurate depiction of the current Tinker Bell character in Disney's Disney Fairies movies, wearing her a version of her iconic strapless short green dress and green shoes with white pom-poms. She is listed as 10'' high and has flutter wings attached to the back of her body. Her outfit and wings are covered in green glitter.

The Jakks Pacific doll is a version of Tinker Bell wearing a Pirate outfit, consisting of a purple velvet jacket, jagged green skirt, knee high purple boots with white pom-poms. She also has a green headband and green belt. I don't know if she ever wears this outfit in the upcoming The Pirate Fairy movie, but it's a nice change from her usual outfit. Her face is much more similar to the animated Tinker Bell in original Peter Pan movie than it is to the character in the current movies. She is listed as 9'' high and has removable wings attached to the back of her dress. She has glitter in her skirt and on the trim of her jacket, but none on her wings.

Following is a feature by feature comparison of the two dolls.

Face: The Disney Tink has a larger, rounder face. Her eyes are smaller, less slanted, further apart and a brighter shade of blue. She is glancing to her left, but other than that, her face is completely symmetrical, making her appearance a little bland. The Jakks Tink is glancing to her right, and has a smirk on her lips, and wiggle in her eyebrows that make her face much more animated than the DS Tink. The Disney Tink has yellow eye shadow with nine short fine eyelashes over each eye; the Jakks Tink has four thicker eyelashes over each eye, and has silver and pink eyeshadow. The Disney Tink has a smaller nose and a open smile with thin dark pink lips. The Jakks Tink has fuller red lips in a sassy smirk. The Disney Tink has much paler skin, and less rouge on her cheeks. They both have pointy ears, but the Disney doll's ears are slightly larger.

Hair: They both have light blonde hair with Tink's trademark bun and front bangs. The Disney doll has slightly lighter hair. The Disney Tink has a lot of hair product in her front bangs, making them very stiff, whereas the Jakks Tink has little or none, so her bangs are very soft and pliable. They both have lots of hair product in their buns, to keep their shape, so they are fairly stiff. The Jakks has a green satin headband with a buckle on top. The Disney Tink has no hair accessories.

Outfit: The Disney doll has a one piece dress that is based on the iconic strapless short green dress worn by the animated character. The bodice is held up by clear plastic straps, and the skirt is made up of two layers of large textured leaves. Both the bodice and skirt are heavily covered in green glitter. The glitter does shed quite a bit, sticking to her face and body, but especially her rubber legs. Her shoes are her iconic green slippers with white pom-poms.

The Jakks doll has a Pirate inspired outfit that consists of a purple velvet jacket with glittering gold trim, a green plastic belt with a cameo of Tink and anchor emblems. The skirt simulates leaves with jagged edges on the light green solid cloth, with a tulle overskirt lightly covered in multi-colored glitter. She is wearing knee-high purple books made of hard plastic, with white pom-poms over the toes.

Wings: The Disney doll has larger wings, with a more intricate pattern that is covered in green glitter. They are made of smooth translucent hard but flexible plastic sheets. They are permanently glued to a hinged mechanism in her back. There is a spring loaded button that when pressed causes the wings to flap outward (away from the body), and when released causes the wings to rest on her back again.

The Jakks doll has wings that are both smaller and thinner, and are made of transparent smooth flexible plastic. Embedded in the plastic is a semi-transparent metallic layer that has holographic images of stars. The stars are of various shapes and sizes, and glow with different colors depending on the angle of the reflected light.

Body: The Disney doll is 10'' from the heel of her foot to the top of her head, and stands 10 1/4'' high wearing the included flat shoes on angled feet. The Jakks doll is 9 1/4'' from the heel of her foot to the top of her head, and stands 9 3/4'' high wearing included boots with platform heels. She has feet that are more severely angled, and are also stiffer (being hard plastic rather than rubbery plastic), so she winds up only 1/2'' shorter than the Disney doll in total height, rather than the 1'' implied by their listed heights. Although they are almost the same height, their body proportions and articulation are very different.

The Jakks doll has a much shorter and skinnier torso, narrower shoulders, shorter arms and smaller head. As I previously noted with the Zarina dolls, the Jakks doll can probably fit the Disney dress, but it will be a bit loose on her. Also she wont have wings unless a Velcro strip is sewn (or glued) to the back of her dress facing out, so the Jakks wings can be attached. The Jakks Zarina dress was much too small to fit on the Disney Zarina doll, but I will have to see if the same holds true for the Tinks.

They both have painted on light green panties, matching the colors of their skirts. The Disney doll's panties are a solid green, while the Jakks ones are decorated with a pattern of inscribed leaves.

I have described the articulation on the Jakks Disney Fairies dolls in great detail in my comparison between Disney Merida and Jakks Zarina. But here is a summary: The Jakks doll has ball jointed neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips and knees. All the joints can both rotate and tilt, and have much more freedom of movement than the corresponding joints on the Disney doll. The Disney doll has swivel neck, ball jointed shoulders, elbows and hips, and internal hinge jointed knees on her rubber legs. Her wrists and ankles are at fixed angles. With her reduced articulation, the Disney doll is much less posable, but also looks more natural without all the exposed joints.

Availability and Cost: The Disney doll is sold exclusively by the Disney Store, both online and in stores, throughout the world. She is $14.95 US, or $10 each when two or more Classic dolls are bought at the same time. The Jakks doll is sold at Target and other retailers in the US, online and in stores. She is $16.99 US, and is promoted as a deluxe version of the Tinker Bell doll.

Summary: They are both very attractive and well made dolls. The Disney doll is an accurate depiction of the current Disney Fairies Tinker Bell animated character, wearing her iconic little green dress. Her relative lack of articulation makes her more natural looking. She has a pretty, joyful and sweetly innocent face. I consider the Flutter Wings to be more of a gimmick than a useful feature, but her wings are very pretty and match her outfit very well. The Jakks doll has a more attractive face, in my opinion, that also happens to have the appearance and attitude of the original animated Tinker Bell, whom I prefer over the current animated character. Her face has much more personality and looks more realistic than the Disney doll. Her outfit is pretty, but is not as well made as the Disney outfit, especially the skirt and the cheap looking belt, which is too much of one color. Her wings are also pretty, but I like the Disney ones better, even with the shedding glitter (which I think of as Pixie Dust). The more extensive articulation makes her much more posable than the Disney doll, but it also makes her less natural looking. The other thing is that the Disney doll is currently only $10, with the current promotion, versus $17 for the Jakks doll. I'm glad to have both dolls, and if I had to choose, I think I prefer the Jakks doll, which is the best looking Tinker Bell I've ever seen sold under the Jakks brand. But my all-time favorite Tinker Bell doll is the Disney Parks 11'' Tinker Bell, which is still available.

Purchase Details

Tinker Bell Disney Fairies Doll - 10''
US Disney Store
Released online 2014-01-27
Purchased in store 2014-01-31
$14.95 US
Classic Dolls $10 each when you buy 2 or more
Item No. 6070040900980P

Disney Fairies The Pirate Fairy 9†Tink Doll
Target Product Information and Images
Purchased online
Received 2014-02-11
$16.99 Online Price
Online Item #: 14761828

That's a very pretty doll. I like her wings, too. They look similar to the ones on the current plush Tinker Bell and Periwinkle dolls.
Oh yeah, I never thought about that.

She's actually a Mattel doll that came in a cute little lantern box. I remember seeing her at Target and loving her years ago. XD Here's an ebay link of her new since I don't kno how to put pictures yet. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Tinker...V_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item4d17e195cf
That is her. I got off of the bay and deboxed her. Thanks for posting that.

I do like the Jakks Tink in the purple outfit. Ive looked at her in teh store a few times, but not sure if I love her. The wings look so flimsy and cheap.

The Pirate Fairy Figurine Play Set - Photo Collage

I've deboxed The Pirate Fairy Figurine Play Set and photographed them in detail. Here is a composite image of the Pirate Fairy Figurine Play Set with lid off, and midrange views of each of the figurines. Shown are Zarina, Tinker Bell, Rosetta, Fawn, Vidia, Iridessa and Silvermist.

First look at The Pirate Fairy Figurine Play Set, which I mail ordered from the Disney Store some time ago, and just got around to looking at it today. The seven figures are on bases that have unique shapes and colors, and are related to the characters' talents. They can all stand stably on a flat surface, but as they are top heavy, the ones with largest and flattest bases are the most stable. Zarina is by far the most stable, followed by Tink, Vidia and Silvermist. Rosetta, Fawn and Iridessa have relatively small bases, so are the least stable. Their wings are pale green translucent plastic that are identical on all the figures. Their hair and outfits are very well done, with vibrant and accurate colors. Their faces are good representations of their characters, but I think they did the best job on Vidia, Fawn and Zarina. Oddly enough, my least favorite figure is Tink herself, but maybe that is because I'm the most familiar with her animated character's face, and am the most picky about how it is translated into a figure or doll.

The Pirate Fairy Figurine Playset - Disney Store Purchase - First Look - Deboxed - Composite Midrange Views by drj1828, on Flickr

Great photo of the figurine playset... It mades it tempting :-

Just informe that LE Designer Zarina doll appears as avaliable on Spanish store. It showed on 18th and it's still there. In case anyone missed her...

---

Tinkerbell doll is also over there so must be an update problem, right?

(What I can not find is the figurine playset :p)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back