• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

~ Question from a Newbie, really dissapointed ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
~ Question from a Newbie, really dissapointed ~

~BlessedByFive~

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So yesterday we went to DLR and were chatting with some of the traders in Tomorrowland. My son got an awesome trade from a cast member yesterday and when we asked one of the traders over there what he thought it was worth he said $12.00. He also said he's trade 4 pins for it, which raised a red flag to me. We didn't trade it and I am so glad. Now we are just starting here but I would think he would have let my son know just how valuable the pin is. My son is 10! Maybe he really didn't know (I Highly doubt with the amount of pins he had) but it really makes me question this whole pin trading thing. If you are on here, shame, shame! This pin goes for over $200 on EBay. He's a kid geesh!!!!

Welcome to the forum, and sorry to hear about what happened.
Can I ask what pin it was?

Sadly there ARE people that take advantage like that. But hey, at least you didn't make the trade :)
Congrats on getting a good one from a cast member!

Unfortunately this happens often and i am so glad you did not trade with them.
Kids are just as prone to getting ripped off as adults.
Id love to know what pin you got. i always check my pins before trading them.
Happy trades
Kirk

This is the pin, and maybe its not as good as I really think it is????

It says it is a LE 500 Surprise release pin, its a dragon with wings and a small mickey.

welcome to DPF. Sorry u had to learn about the bad ppl in this hobby so fast. He for sure thought it was worth sumthing or would never had tried to do a 4 to one trade. But to tell the truth. If he was a true shark... u would have been told how the pin was not that cool and than told about a Hm pin that is so good and u can trade for it. They try to make ur pin seem not cool and than tell u the one they will trade for it is a real good pin. Which makes ppl wonder why they would give a good pin for one thats not so good. But u get caught in the moment and its disneyland... so why wouldnt sum nice stranger take my bad pin and give me a good one. lol... in the end.. good u didnt trade. try to learn as much as u can about the hobby and u should b ok. and always ask for help if u need it.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry this happened. Is it this pin?

pin30119

Yes that is the pin, I have no idea if it is worth $200, I just searched ebay last night and it was auctioned up for $200.00 I guess its worth what ever someone will pay for it. Thanks for all of the kind words, I think I will stick here for advice next time :)

The pin is worth about $36 from what I can figure with recent sales on ebay
All the $200 ones did not sell :)

excellent find on a CM lanyard! That is one of my more wanted pins.

you and your son will want to set up a pinpics account (its free) to track your pins. its a database. Everyone on here will gladdly help you out if you have questions.

I think some traders go by original sale price, so $12.00 might have been fairly accurate. The real tell is that he was willing to give you 4 pins in trade. I think that trader was one of the good ones and was being honest in offering 4 for 1. Not all the people at the trade tables are hiding devil horns and a tail. ;)

What a beautiful pin! Great score!

And yeah, ebay sellers will list things for high prices, but that doesn't mean people necessarily pay them. You want to look at what the pin actually sold for, not what people were asking for it, as is mentioned above. If it is selling for $36 then it may well have originally retailed for $12, and 4 pins in trade for it wouldn't have been a bad deal, depending on which pins.

Thank you everyone, now that I realize that the pin really isnt worth as much as i thought, I agree with you all. I think he was legit and I just got a little paranoid. I will just make sure with my kiddos that they always ask when ever trading with any one other then a cast member :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back