• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Raiponce DLRP LE 600 -Scrapper variation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raiponce DLRP LE 600 -Scrapper variation?

Moondance

Pусcкая Poбйн
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=83141&sid=7498.1314238047.v2

I purchased this pin on ebay for $30

There is a scratch on the eye of this pin, on the edge of the pin there is a border instead of the mickey ears going off the edge.
Here is what the back of the pin looks like-
Disneyland .
©Disney Paris
Made in Chna

Edition Limitee
134/600

The 'i" for in is missing the dot, the C is very faint, and the i in China is not present. There is also a '.' near Disneyland.

http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=85423&sid=7527.1314238216.v2

I also purchased the above pin from the same seller, I looked at the back of this pin and the ice cream cones don't go all the way off the edge either.

So what do I do? Do I ask the seller to refund me for the whole pin and try to get money back for both pins/send em back?
Do I start an ebay case?

Please help!

will add pics later- scanner is blurry!!!!!! O_O

No, I wouldn't start an ebay case. It is very easy to get confused by borders, especially since Disney started releasing pins with what looks like one right on the real pin. The difference is this; on a real pin, the pattern can just stop and not run off the edge, but there is no raised border surrounding the edge of the pin; the pattern just stops but there is still ~1mm of unmarked, unraised metal around the edge. On true fakes, the patterns stop 1.0-0.25 mm from the edge and run into a raised border that the pattern bumps into. Think of it as a wall that surrounds the pin, at least in certain areas.

Also, it is very, very rare for pins like yours to get faked anyway; they are pin-on-pin meaning it looks like they are composed of multiple layers of metal and are not just one flat surface. When they counterfeit pins, they scan them in to a computer that reproduces them digitally; you cannot reproduce a multidimensional or multiple thickness pin in this fashion without much, much difficulty, just as you could not reproduce a dangle pin in this manner, or one with moving parts. Also, pins with a true printed lithograph or picture such as the background behind your Rapunzel (think pins with pictures of real people on them, like some Narnia or Hannah Montana pins) cannot be reproduced due to the same phenomena. 99.99% of all pins faked are small and thin (cost effective), flat and one dimensional (easy to scan and copy) and lightweight (again cost effective; made of cheaper metal). It is rare for high end pins to get counterfeited. This usually happens when the pin is worth over $100, such as the case with some Disney Auctions LE 100 pins, is extremely rare, and even more unfortunate.

On a side note, LE Paris pins that are numbered do not receive the second half of the number printing (the 134 in the 134/600) until after the pin has passed inspection during quality control. They could not number all the pins made and then throw out the ones that fail due to imperfections; the edition would be missing pins, so they only stamp ones that are real and have passed inspection. Scrappers of numbered LE pins like this usually will just say " /600" because it was supposed to be thrown out in the trash and never received that end number from the set size.

However, I will say that you have some odd discrepancies with missing letters and typos on the back. Had these been flat pins I instantly would have been the first one to jump up and shout "fake!" from the rooftops. Posting some detailed decent resolution pictures of the back so we can see what you are talking about would definitely help. However, I have Paris pins with similar errors that I know are real (have the card and know the purchaser at the park) so it is entirely possible that they all came that way. Paris pins can have some weird errors; check this out:

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=12502

Check out her eyes; they look awful. When we got this pin, we were sure it was fake; how could that EVER get approved? Much to our surprise, we found out they ALL came that way. Good luck and can't wait to see some pics!

~Geoff

Last edited:
Here is what the back of the pin looks like-
Disneyland .
©Disney Paris
Made in Chna

Edition Limitee
134/600

The 'i" for in is missing the dot, the C is very faint, and the i in China is not present. There is also a '.' near Disneyland.

Mine has the exact same characteristics, except for the Edition #, of course. The pin's design would seem a bit too complex to make a counterfeit/scrapper version of, as Geoff mentioned. I'm sure yours is just fine.

Last edited:
Mine has the exact same characteristics, except for the Edition #, of course. The pin's design would seem a bit too complex to make a counterfeit/scrapper version of, as Geoff mentioned. I'm sure yours is just fine.

Same thing for both my trader and my keeper.

Yes, and per my opinion yes. If you want I can try take a picture of the back of mine tonight so you can compare.

The border:

rapunzel_border.jpg

Backstamp:

rapunzel_missing.jpg

I hope everything it's visible. The back was too shiny, my camera kept reflecting in it.

I just looked at my DSF Beloved pin and it appears that it doesn't quite run off on all sides. The ice cream cones look like the run off the side on the right and top but on the bottom and left side it doesnt look like they run off. They are very close to the edge but not quite all the way. I would think it is a legit pin as well unless it stops really short. I purchased my pin myself from DSF. Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back