• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Scrappers AND Fakes/Counterfeits for 2021

Scrappers AND Fakes/Counterfeits for 2021
Here are the pictures. I noticed a FAC number on the pin.
41f3f2209b97cb1bbd92e199ed7d34c9.jpg

I can send you different pictures if you need a better angle or natural light.
6ef20790bbf2bf28c87a8f913b382598.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PTD SCRAPPER ALERT

These have all popped up in the last few weeks from various accounts all in the United Kingdom. NONE of these has been officially released from DSF. (These are different than fantasy ones that people have clearly labeled as fantasy. These are all being sold as legitimate PTDs.)

ETA: Another has been found since I originally posted, so I will keep adding more here as they are found.

Chicha-Emperors-New-Groove-DSSH-Traders-Delight-Disney.jpg
s-l500.jpg
s-l1600-1.jpg
Pin-Trading-Disney-Pins-DSSH-Joanna-the-Goanna.jpg
s-l225-1.jpg
s-l225.jpg

More added:

216034235-3995994580522429-2212269700103235027-n.jpg

Last edited:
PTD SCRAPPER ALERT

These have all popped up in the last few weeks from various accounts all in the United Kingdom. NONE of these has been officially released from DSF. (These are different than fantasy ones that people have clearly labeled as fantasy. These are all being sold as legitimate PTDs.)

ETA: Another has been found since I originally posted, so I will keep adding more here as they are found.

Chicha-Emperors-New-Groove-DSSH-Traders-Delight-Disney.jpg
s-l500.jpg
s-l1600-1.jpg
Pin-Trading-Disney-Pins-DSSH-Joanna-the-Goanna.jpg
s-l225-1.jpg
s-l225.jpg

More added:

216034235-3995994580522429-2212269700103235027-n.jpg

Wow, Kermit, a Robin Hood bunny, Cinderella in her pink tattered dress, Joana (did we know about her before?), Yensid, Emperor's New Groove wife (?), and a dog from 101 Dalmatians?! That's a lot...

Wow, Kermit, a Robin Hood bunny, Cinderella in her pink tattered dress, Joana (did we know about her before?), Yensid, Emperor's New Groove wife (?), and a dog from 101 Dalmatians?! That's a lot...

That’s not Kermit. I wasn’t sure what frog it was at first but I think I figured it out.

The frog is Frankie, the lounge singer frog from Meet the Robinsons. And yep, I think Joanna was the first on my radar awhile ago. But I was contacted about Mama Bunny from Robin Hood yesterday and poked around a little and found the others (though someone else on Facebook found Frankie for me).

That’s not Kermit. I wasn’t sure what frog it was at first but I think I figured it out.

Oops!

The frog is Frankie, the lounge singer frog from Meet the Robinsons. And yep, I think Joanna was the first on my radar awhile ago. But I was contacted about Mama Bunny from Robin Hood yesterday and poked around a little and found the others (though someone else on Facebook found Frankie for me).

Yeah, all I saw were green legs, lol

I might be behind on this, but I think the Chip and Dale Rescue Ranger Channel 28 TV pin has been scrapped. It looks like a seller has listed/sold a few pp pins. The seller seems to have a few other AP and PP pins up too. It seems odd that someone would have so many up for auction.

I feel I saw a recent Facebook about that but I can’t locate it now. I remember the dwarves, nephews, balloo, and shelliemae were on there? Pretty sure there were others listed also. Wish I could find the post but I remember it saying they looked really good.
I am wondering about Pin 116075 WDI - 60th Diamond Celebration - Cheshire Cat. I bought one online that looks great but now am seeing too many online for an LE 250 IMO. Anyone know of a way to ID the counterfeits on this one?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Good grief, i don't really trade much anymore but this is discouraging, these mostly look legit to me from the front, how on earth do you tell its fake -- I mean in person, obviously if an online seller has a bunch then its obvious. But i logged into pinpics for the first time in a long while and someone was offering to trade a number of these pins mentioned for various higher value or older pins that i had listed for trade, i thought wow maybe people aren't lowballing anymore, now i realize that its probably just fakes that there offering. Sigh. Noticed alot of suspicious pin selling on poshmark as well, high volume stuff, at first i thought maybe it was a shark but the number of LE pins and DSF etc was totally off putting. Sad to see this problem seems to have gotten worse since i stopped trading not better.:eeyore:

Since we lost our scrapper threads, here's a new one.

We will start with the fake Dark Tales (comparison of fake vs real). The ones with the marks are the fakes.

Below are non authentic vs authentic versions of DSSH DARK TALES pins. Non authentic are marked up and most look like proofs from original promotional artwork while authentic pins have a deeper richer look and feel. Some are hard to discern even if coloring is off.
Any idea if any of the Endearing Moments (DSSH) have been faked?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Back