• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Short intro..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short intro..

Elysium

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I'm a long time collector of all things and recent pin fiend since spotting a trade between a CM and guest while waiting outside of Epcot's Soarin ride about a month ago.

Now happy new D23 members, I fear my wife and I are nearing a slippery slope of pin trading insanity.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the warm welcomes. As with most new wonderful things, it's been a joy having such a wealth of information available to digest, or devour in my case. It is, after all 3 a.m. as I tap away here on my ipad.

As I alluded to previously, not unlike many of the other forum members here, I have been an avid collector for most of my 40 years or so, and have been known to participate in such crazy pursuits as camping out in snowy weather for vinyl toy releases in Chicago and Portland for Japanese vinyl toy shows, or opening my own toy store/gallery and traveling to Tokyo (15 times in 2 years) in order to have toys made for US and Japanese artists' characters and designs, in the old slush molding technique used to make the original Godzilla toys in post war Japan. So let's just say I'm certifiable.

Anyway, as a former software developer, and now retired toy maker, I spend my days as a cyber security analyst and can usually be found tapping away on a keyboard somewhere around town, muttering underneath my breath in my best King Pin impersonation ",Pins, Pins, Pins!"

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! I know the fever well. I'm going through a nothing bout more than usual these last couple months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back